+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My guy doesn't like public displays of affection... does this mean he doesn't love me

Quote Originally Posted by Indus18 View Post
    Maybe he grew up in a conservative household. I know that I don't like PDA that much anymore and it's for two reasons. One: I sort of feel that the people who show a lot of PDA are overcompensating, and I'd rather be more communicative and less cutesy, and two, that in my culture, and the adults I was around growing up, I never saw much touchy-feely-ness. It just seems a little uncomfortable to me because of that.

Good Luck figuring it out though!
    I agree. I grew up in a pretty conservative household too, where touchy feely was not the order of teh day. I'd rather be communicative and less cutesy too. I just think ppl who show a lot of PDA are trying too hard to show the world that they're in a relationship.

I was engaged to the best woman thats ever been on this planet.

Beautiful, Talented, Intelligent, Caring, and Faithful

For some reason I was very uncomfortable holding her hand, just like I always have been with anyone. It was nothing about her specifically that did it, and I am generally a very affectionate person. There is just something about hand holding that drives me crazy. Maybe because its so cliche' it drives me nuts I don't know.

I was always much more partial to arm around the waste in public than hand holding. I'm not sure why holding hands specifically in public is a huge deal to woman, but some guys will do it with no questions others just are not as comfortable with it. Loving you has nothing to do with it most of the time.

It all depends on how much you love him whether or not you can live with the fact that it makes him uncomfortable or not I guess. As a rule if you don't love someone 9 times out of 10 you don't tell them you do. So I'm sure he loves you =)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12