+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your song?

My friendship groups song is "Avril Lavigne - Anything but ordinary"
    We where on a road trip and someone put Avril on...eventualy we all started singing and scaring other drivers, then someone said that "Anything but ordinary" should be our song.

I don't have a GF yet , but things are looking brighter with me and this other girl so God willingly maybe I will . Anyways to reply to the topic I have to say "You Spin Me Right Round Baby Right Round Like A Record Baby" by Dead Or Alive pretty much describes the effects she is having on me .

Oh right if your talking about songs between you and your GF then I guess I dont actualy have one since I dont have a GF.

But me and the girl I have a big crush on (she already turned me down a while ago) are getting much closer now and we are always Playing Bryan Adams - Everything I Do on the jukebox at the pub and talk about it alot, so I guess un-officialy, that might be our song...
    We are very close now.

Unfortunalty, we will be going our seperate ways in 2 weeks, to University.
    So Im stuck here thinking, does she still consider me as just a friend and is just more comfortable around me because alot of time has passed since I asked her out, or does she consider me as something more, but thinks it will be too hard since we will be going to seperate Unis soon...oh well.
    Last edited by LucidDream; 05-09-04 at 08:30 AM.

Oh... university starts so late? I was under the impression that it had already started. I don't know... The soonest I'd get into university is next year (if I get a certain scholarship, or else I'd have to serve 2 years of military service before I go to university). I still have my preliminary examinations and A level examinations coming up. (ARGH!!! Stress!!! Seems like I can't concentrate and my memory is failing me again...)

My g/f song is easy(...like sunday morning) by the commodores, cos we got together on a saturday night and well....I think you know the rest.

Atmosphere - **** you Lucy. Great wallowing song.

Mine and my girlfriends is Al Green - Let's stay together. I heard it on the Pulp Fiction soundtrack and I put it on when we were together and she said she loved this song so much. A few days later she was saying what would our song be, and we both replied "Al Green"

simple really

My boyfriend and I have been dating 2 yrs and Our song is "Africa" by Todo. Weird song But we were listening to he Grand theif Auto, Vice City soundtrack and that was the first song we heard. He use to play it on my voice mail, or sing to me outside my window.
    http://www.noir-ailes.com/amye

To me, it's interesting that several of these (Al Green, Toto, etc) are fairly old popular songs . . . I was REALLY surprised when my H.S.-aged kids & their friends starting going through my LP's and they knew the tunes, the lyrics (at least the choruses), the entrances, etc to so many old cuts by Creedence, the Stones, Simon & Garfunkle, Beach Boys, etc!!

My wife gets danced around the kitchen whenever "Unchained Melody" (Righteous Brothers) comes on the radio.

Robin and I's song (almost 3 years ago) was Incubus - Stellar

Destine and I's song (over 7 months ago) was Mettalica - Nothing Else Matters

My song of the day for myself is Avril - My Happy Ending

It seems I have a certain song/mood each day. Yesterday was Slipknot - Duality.

Wow, I don't think I've ever had a "song" with anybody. I'm always changing my mind when it comes to songs.

I don't know if I have a song with my current bf? lol! I'm really not sure.. I'd have to ask....

I guess the concept of having a song together never really struck me as something important.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

New song of the day for myself is Slipknot - Vermillion Pt 2

This is a song that shows off corey's TRUE talent at singing - and also shows that he really is a great lyricist. If you haven't heard this song, don't knock it cause its from slipknot. This has a beautiful sound to it - and I believe everyone and their mother would love this song. It is not hard rock or heavy metal by no means. Its just.. well... ****ing beautiful. I am going to try to play this song on guitar and practice singing it more. Download this song and listen to it if you haven't heard it before.

Slipknot - Vermillion Pt 2

She seemed dressed in all of me, stretched across my shame.
    All the torment and the pain
    Leaked through and covered me
    I'd do anything to have her to myself
    Just to have her for myself
    Now I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do when she makes me sad.

She is everything to me
    The unrequited dream
    A song that no one sings
    The unattainable.
    She's a myth that I have to believe in
    All I need to make it real is one more reason
    I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do when she makes me sad.

But I wont let this build up inside of me
    I wont let this build up inside of me

I catch in my throat
    Choke, torn into pieces I won't - No
    I don't want to be this

But I won't let this build up inside of me
    I won't let this build up inside of me

She isn't real
    I can't make her real
    She isn't real
    I can't make her real

Now thats lyrics Im not used to seeing with Slipknot..I ought to try and listen to this song. Thanks Billy!

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

No problem, Innova ! I have heard this song once before somewhere - a long time ago - and I didnt know it was slipknot.. My brother left his slipknot cd in my truck yesterday and I decided to play it today - and I started skipping thru songs during lunch and found that one. I fell in love with it immediately. So I had to find the name of the song and the lyrics on the net and then I decided to share them with you all. It is my song for the day.

This is one of those songs that gives me goosebumps all over my body when I sing to it. It truely is a beautiful work of art by Corey. I think it is just him singing and playing acoustic guitar on this one. And then towards the end he is either singing higher or someone else comes in and sings too - I cant tell. I give him HUGE thanks for this song.

Well, I had a song played for me in high school when I had my first genuine love. She played "I could fall in love" by Selena. From that moment on, I was deeply in love with her. But now, a new person has played that on the radio again for me and brought back memories of my 1st love. Sad, but true.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast