+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do looks REALLY matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    attraction is important initially, but when an attractive person doesn't have the intelect to match, how attractive they are doesn't seem to matter to me.....I think both are important for a long term relationship....
    Intellect*

Sorry, I just had to

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I know a guy that is VERY attractive yet very stupid..at first I used to say WOW when I see him..Now I still say WOW but its more like "Wow, I never met such stupid person before"

You know maybe look matter, but there is a funny part. when you love someone you start to idolize their flaws more than their perfect part. maybe its just me lol

Honestly, if a girl is going treat me bad, even if she is smoking hot, I wouldn't want any of it. I don't really go for the hottest girl out there, I usually aim for personality, likes/dislikes, then looks. Most of the guys I know would jump on anything above an 8. I can't stand the idea. I'd rather just cuddle up with my girlfreind then go anywhere (if that makes sence). (sorry if that was off topic lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Unless you do online chatting to phone conversations to meet & greet without showing a photo before the meet & greet... you're full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BoredGeorge View Post
    Looks matter to girls more now than they did in the past and what is good looking is governed by fashion.

Little puny annoying men are actually in fashion at the moment so all you need to do is talk about global warming and wear crap clothes and you should get some silly politics student.

I agree that looks do not make up for a bitch woman for a long term relationship but having sex doesn't take that long so looks matter heaps.
    LOL george makes my day

Looks matter a lot. I said it before and I'll say it again: Every guy has a minimum standard for what he finds attractive. If you don't meet a guy's minimum standard, you have no chance with him unless he's a desperate mother****er. The good news is that different guys go for different things, so if one guy doesn't find you attractive, another guy will. The exceptions to this is if you're a statistical extreme, i.e. you're supermodel hot or medusa ugly.

I'm sure every guy here has met a girl and decided he didn't like her cuz she wasn't pretty enough.

And when guys say they want a girl with a nice personality, that's pretty much exactly the same as when a girl says they want to meet a nice guy who will treat them well. And then a dork walks up to her and she goes ew. When guys say they want nice personality, it means we want an attractive girl with a nice personality but those kinds of girls are a bit rarer. Similarly, when a girl says she wants a nice guy, she's looking for a confident guy who's got his shit together but is nice also. Guys don't wanna date uglies and girls don't wanna date insecure dorks who can't even take care of themselves.

Looks matter to some extent. But, when you are in love that person, you'll find him/her the most beautiful even if they are not, provided they have good personalities.

Anyway, as Sanctuary said, Beautiful girl + good personality = Rare

For me looks first, then personality. Sounds shity but if you don't have both there is no chance.

Hi all,

As a woman I have a few points to make here:

First and foremost: Looks are important! We are highly visual creatures, and the only person who can honestly say that looks have no bearing whatsoever are the visually challenged. However, I would like to make a few stipulations:

What attracts a person says more about who they are than the person they are attracted to. For example, some women want a guy who is all cut up, tall, certain hair color, etc- this reveals a certain superficiality in these females. There's nothing wrong with that, and I'm not judging- it's just a statement of truth. The women who care more about the substance of a man will probably overlook their genetic appearance and focus more on their HYGIENE. For these women, a man with white teeth and combed hair who smells nice will go a lot farther than the gym jock with yellow teeth and who reeks of smoke. A woman with low self-esteem will never judge how a guy looks, but will just be happy someone noticed her.

So ask yourself- what kind of woman do you want? If you aren't the stereotypically attractive male, maybe you should count your blessings that this will naturally weed out superficial and typically high maintenence women! However, if your problem is your own hygiene (aka, self-esteem) perhaps you should work on how you see yourself before you can expect anyone else to figure out who you are for you. How attractive is a woman with no self-esteem to you- at least as relationship material...?

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Looks matter to some extent. But, when you are in love that person, you'll find him/her the most beautiful even if they are not, provided they have good personalities.

Anyway, as Sanctuary said, Beautiful girl + good personality = Rare
    i totally agreee with this
    looks matter , they have to or none of us would give a crap what we looked like , no showers , haircuts , we would all be wearing trash bags for clothes . when i was with my ex she was dropdead gorgeous to me , after we seperated (she cheated ) i could not believe i ever thought that. When i loved her she was beutiful when i didnt she wasnt, a beutiful girl with a good personality is rare, yes , but if you are lucky enough to find and ok looking girl with a great personality and great compatibility, she could be drop dead gorgeous to you. looks are important , but we all know you should never judge a book by its cover, you never know what you might be missing.

I find that regardless of what many of them say, my guy friends stick with women who are bitchy and snotty because it's convenient. They have very little backbone when it comes to relationships and end up getting walked on. I've had to listen to one too many of my male friends piss and moan about why their girlfriend got mad because he didn't have her Starbucks order memorized.

For me personality.. I find way too many women who think they are hot shit and that leads to a piss poor personality.

Looks are too important to me which is why I keep dating really good looking jerkfaces.

Course they matter. If they didn't, we'd be able to form relationships with anybody and everybody that crossed our paths......and bed the really repulsive guys lol.

The initial attraction is down to looks, but my cup of tea, may not be another persons. We have to be attracted to someone physically, else we have no desire to get to know their personality.

If you find someone you are physically attracted too and their personality sucks, then looks alone won't hold the relationship together.

For a relationship to go onto long term, there needs to be a combination of a few things.

At first, looks definitely matter. The longer the relationship lasts, the more important personality becomes.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast