+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I want out.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    California is the best state in the country. i don't blame you.
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahaa

Out here we say the citizens of California lack the opposable thumb.

I would never live there. Crime's too high, and that's where all the weirdos live. I'll never forget how one of my coworkers at a previous job told me about the post office routines there because people are always trying to mail bombs and poisons and all kinds of dangerous shit to each other there. It sounds worse than Florida, which doesn't even have glass partitions separating workers and civilians at the post office. Besides, California is where all the fruity gays live. I don't have anything against gay people... unless they are from California. Also, if you're living in a place where an actor like Arnold is the governor, be prepared to go wig-flip ballknockers over some stupid shit. I can't believe the gas prices there with all their silly Californian taxes. The "This is known to the state of California" labels should be the clearest ****ing warning that it's a place to be avoided. California is overpriced and overrated. I would rather live in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Isn't it amazing how a such a tax liberal state can be in so much debt?

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I would rather live in the middle of ****ing nowhere.
    Don't you already?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Isn't it amazing how a such a tax liberal state can be in so much debt?
    Shhhhhh.

California is home. Period.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Sure do. I've lived many places. Middle of nowhere is only one.

I make no claims that my state is the best... because it isn't true and I'm not that arrogant. However, I will say this, the Californians that arrive in this state do not do California justice. The vast majority of them were arrogant, lazy, whined about everything, and professed how great their state was. After a while, most Texans are inclined to tell them to go back to California if it's so much better there. Heard one Californian say they can't -- the cost of living is too high or there isn't really any work available for them.

I've been to other states and have met other visiting Texans. They've always had nice things to say about the state they were visiting and weren't telling everyone how much better Texas was than that state.

If California wants to be the "best" perhaps they need to start with manners?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm... speaking as someone who has lived most of my life in California, I can say with certainty that I have no idea what you are talking about, aeradalia. However, it is also true I don't sem to attract people who are rude in general. Most people are very polite to me...

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can't imagine going to live in another state only to talk about how great my previous state was ... If I were to move out of California, there'd be a reason to. I've been here my whole life and I don't see my state as the best state because they're all different.

I don't go about putting down and dogging other states, but everyone seems to be quick to put down California.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    I make no claims that my state is the best... because it isn't true and I'm not that arrogant. However, I will say this, the Californians that arrive in this state do not do California justice. The vast majority of them were arrogant, lazy, whined about everything, and professed how great their state was. After a while, most Texans are inclined to tell them to go back to California if it's so much better there. Heard one Californian say they can't -- the cost of living is too high or there isn't really any work available for them.

I've been to other states and have met other visiting Texans. They've always had nice things to say about the state they were visiting and weren't telling everyone how much better Texas was than that state.

If California wants to be the "best" perhaps they need to start with manners?
    We also observe the Californian arrogance here. Any other state, and the visitors seem fine. Some Texan guy was telling me the other day how this place has wonderful job opportunities.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    I can't imagine going to live in another state only to talk about how great my previous state was ... If I were to move out of California, there'd be a reason to. I've been here my whole life and I don't see my state as the best state because they're all different.

I don't go about putting down and dogging other states, but everyone seems to be quick to put down California.
    Jealousy. :-)

BTW - I have traveled to a lot of different states, and haven't noticed that people are any more or less rude in general... Although I actually attended a wedding in Texas in which the guests rudely heckeled some old guy giving a speech, so bad that the best man had a panic attack and couldn't deliver his own speech. It was horrific. Still, I'd say that has more to do with the poor quality of people at that party than the people of the entire state of texas.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Texas and California are comparable in their inflated state pride.

In any case, Philadelphia is better than all a yer's states.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    You have got to be kidding me.

Well, I live in the state right above Texas and I have a theory that you Texans kick all of your assholes out during vacation time because they ALL end up here. I've met delightful Texans- in Texas. Almost every Texan I've met outside of Texas was a boorish fool. (Zarathu is the exception).

Also, Texans can't ****ing ski and they should stop trying. Spread the word.

I live in one of those places that is always overrun with people from all over the country who have moved here because of the weather or whatever and half of whom move right back out within a couple of years because they don't like it here anywhere as near as much as they expected to. I think you should know what you're getting into if you relocate and it sounds like NorCal is the promised land for Cbrider, so go forth and be happy, young man.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    California has nice areas, but there are way better places in the world to live. They won't be winning any liveability awards anytime soon. Their crappy economy, poor healthcare, earthquakes, horrible traffic (in urban areas) and heavy pollution don't make up for some nice coast line. There are nicer places in the world with great geography AND the socioeconomic benefits I mention.

Sorry Vash, you know I love you but you admit yourself you've lived there most of your life. So what are you comparing to?

Personally, I'd choose Australia or Chile over California.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post

Sorry Vash, you know I love you but you admit yourself you've lived there most of your life. So what are you comparing to?
    The places I've visited, of course... same as anyone else.

Also, the quality of the healthcare is the same as anywhere else, and probably better. The best doctors and hospitals tend to be in large cities. Traffic (in the cities) is pretty bad, though. However, I am largely unaffected by it, and the smog is better than it has been in years.
    Last edited by vashti; 22-10-09 at 11:49 PM.

I loved living in Oregon, even with all the hippies and rednecks.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast