+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vile Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    [url]http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1933405,00.html[/url]

As many as two dozen people witnessed the gang rape of a 15 year old, and not one of them did a thing to stop it.

And you're going to tell me people aren't evil?
    seriously... wtf

"Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The lack of intervention makes me think that these were all gang bangers.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    Skip the politics and execute them, jail the ones who stood by and watched.

This world needs more Boondock Saints, pick a god and them them to it.
    speaking of which, boondock saints 2 is coming out soon.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

[url]http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1933405,00.html[/url]

As many as two dozen people witnessed the gang rape of a 15 year old, and not one of them did a thing to stop it.

And you're going to tell me people aren't evil?

Experiencing such an assault from one person is enough to really **** with you... I can only imagine how this girl will handle having been assaulted by so many people and nobody came to her rescue. At least I had safe places I could go to between similar experiences -- not exactly a 'rescue' but enough to keep my sanity.

The fact that those involved will probably get off easy doesn't surprise me either. Rape is just one of those things that people condemn harshly but punish lightly -- then they wonder why it keeps happening so often.

If this section of California is that bad, this might be the final straw to show that it needs a full cavity search by California's finest to clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Reasons like this make me glad it's only another 7 months before I get my concealed carry and handgun permit so I will never be unarmed and without full magazines forever. Carrying around my AK47 isn't practical

Reasons like this make me super fuccking pissed that my little sister cannot own a handgun because she is under 21

The family of this victim should buy a scoped and powerful rifle and like an "assassination" kill all the perpetrators once their joke of a prison sentence is up. Preferably shot in the gut so prolong the dying process

I have a concealed, I got it a while back just to have it.

I have never carried a concealed weapon even though I have it. It feels wrong on so many levels, don't ask me why.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm for gun control. Take guns away. I don't trust people with them. But leave my guns the **** alone. I'll need them if something like this ever happens to someone I love. There'd be a lot of killing to do and knives aren't quick enough.

As for that not being an accurate representation of Middle America, I'll agree that it's a bit extreme. However, if you keep your eye on the news you'll notice a disturbing trend. More and more often crimes are occurring in public and no one is doing anything about it. Just the other day I read about a homeless man who was beaten in broad daylight on a public street. He was left unconscious on the curb. For twenty minutes people walked by without offering assistance or so much as calling an ambulance.

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Joe Blow to jump into the middle of a fight and save a perfect stranger. But these days everyone packs a cell phone. Phones and their cameras are a more effective weapon against crime than fists and foolish bravado. Yet it seems when they are used it's merely to call more spectators to the show or to post a clip on Youtube.
    Last edited by Gribble; 01-11-09 at 10:23 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I'd like to criticize the bimbo for drinking. I mean, you don't jump into a bear cage with picnic baskets strapped to your vagina, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I'd like to criticize the bimbo for drinking. I mean, you don't jump into a bear cage with picnic baskets strapped to your vagina, do you?
    asshole...........

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    On that note, be sure to criticize the straight guy for drinking. He's jumping into a bear cage with picnic baskets strapped to his ass.

(Women aren't the only ones who get raped. )
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd like to rip the dick off anyone who thinks it's okay to take advantage of a woman who's intoxicated. He isn't worthy of calling himself a man.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    While I'd still feel sorry, its not like we are discussing a 35 year old woman who decided to get drunk at a pub in a shady part of town and should have known better. This *girl* was young, dumb, and drunk. I don't believe for a second that at least one of those guys didn't think this, and went along with things anyway. Very sad for everyone. If that was my daughter I'd be out for blood.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

It's always so easy to seat in the safety of your home behind a computer screen and contemplate revenge fantasies, how one would massacre and torture all the evil doers in the world.

I have a friend like that who goes into these passionate modes where he describes how he would sadistically torture all the rapists, child molesters, dictators and just all in all not nice human beings. It seems like his passion never goes further than his revenge fantasies. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Showing sympathy to scum like this is pretty pathetic if you ask me, and the people who want to make life easy on these beasts should know that they are, in some small part, responsible for their future crimes. The man who lets a rapist walk free bares a share of the guilt for the next life the monster destroys. He should have to look in the victim's eyes and explain to her why he thinks rapists and murderers shouldn't be killed outright or kept in cages for all their lives. Why they should receive a slap to the wrist before being set loose on the streets to shatter innocent lives like hers.

Hopefully I'll never be in a position where my resolve is tested.
    Last edited by Gribble; 02-11-09 at 06:13 AM.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

I don't have any sympathy for those scum criminals as well as those scum bystanders who did nothing to help the poor girl. But I also don't have any sympathy for people who spend a ridiculous amount of time dreaming about torturing evil people like my friend. They need to find something more useful to do with their time.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I'd like to rip the dick off anyone who thinks it's okay to take advantage of a woman who's intoxicated. He isn't worthy of calling himself a man.
    Of course not, but the reality is that this happens *all* the time, whether you like that or not. Most people will stand with their thumb up their ass and watch it happen. In fact, if you go to random parties, you can pretty much figure out which ones will get taken advantage of by the way they act. Where's daddy when all this is happening? I'll tell you what, it's gotta be tough having a daughter.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast