+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, tomorrow is the day.

Well, basically she isn't looking for a relationship with anyone at the moment. Hard to believe, but it's true. Especially since we're both going to be exploring europe(but not together) for about 6 months next year, and just out and about in general.

We hiked, it was awesome. I waited for the perfect moment. It was pretty hard to stop shaking with nervousness(especially since we just got out of the freezing water). We talked for a bit, I put my hand around her waist and told her that she was a very beautiful girl, and that I really enjoy spending time with her etc..

Basically I got rejected, but not flat out. She hinted that in the future, things might change. It's probably for the better, at least ill be able to sleep easier at night that I said it. Who knows what the future will hold.

I'll give you a golf clap for going through with it I guess...the future will hopefully be bright for you bro, but it won't be involving her.

did you hold her and tell her you like her? Or did you go for a kiss after you put your hand around her waist? Anyway, it's over now. You showed all your cards.

what if my cards are better then hers?

Im glad I didnt go in for the kiss. Bad things would have happened

doesn't matter. She can always bluff (i.e. lead you on just enough to keep you interested in case things don't work out with other guys).

so how are you suppose to find out if someone likes you if you dont ask or share feelings? would be awkward to try kissing a girl that didnt like you and still being friends,would be easier to recover after talking about it? any sensible girl would realize your scooping up your balls just talking about it anyway.
    Last edited by rateyes; 24-11-09 at 01:45 PM.

OK I should apply a scorn filter (have only posted here a few times but already been called insane and told to smell the coffe etc) anyway I'll press on... I think the way forward in a situation like that is to up the flirting. Look for the signs that she likes you and subtly take it forward out of the friend zone. If she blocks or shows bad signs you know its no go. It can be a subtle game when she likes you but not enough, she probalby likes hanging with you and thinks you are fun and a great guy etc, she probably even subtly directs conversations to safe friend areas and your job is to not allow that and move back into flirty more than friends areas. Sounds to me like she made very subtle flirting but kept you in the begginings of the friend zone. Awesome that you had the balls to put it on the line and move to the next level or can it and that you realised early that you were interested in more than casual. Things have to be even and balanced for them to work, the girl you'll find who it works with will be nervous before the hiking trip as well wondering if you are going to put moves on her or tell her you like her.

Strangely this sounds like the start of the relationship I am very painfully ending now (I should say she is ending). Basically she wasn't too sure about me, I wasn't sure if she liked me, she's way younger and hotter than me and I put my best moves on her (they actually aren't that good but hey). Anyway long story short I gradually swept her off her feet as best I could even though she wasn't sure she was hot for me and it worked. Then I worked as hard as I could to get her into a relationship with me and it worked. Guess what it ended in tears, there was a strange inbalance from the start, even though at one point she was happy enough with me to want to get married. One thing I have learnt is that girls that make you feel like that usually make other guys feel like that too. Also they aren't bad but they are very dangerous, you can get smashed and I have. Imagine breaking up with that girl after sharing your life with her, and then possibly later seeing her move on with another guy... and then going on to find another girl you like as much as her. Rereading this it sounds pretty bad, my disclaimer is that I am not in a good place right now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12