+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washington DC, Blizzard of 2009

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123 View Post
    yeh the major airposts here have a huge back log, and i wont even mention the eurostar
    My friends family is stuck in London because of eurostar... I really feel sorry for some people, they won't spend Christmas with their families :/
    Hope my bf can take his flight today to Brusselles,because there was also some problem with airports there...ehh
    Oh and lol,my brother arrived one day before they closed the aiport in dusseldorf, he was lucky too.
    I wazzzz here

My second flight, from Chicago to Munich was delayed one hour because it was blizzarding and they had to clean the plane from snow before takeoff. Because of that I missed my flight to Belgrade, which took off in warm, sunny Bavarian morning. The next flight to Belgrade was overbooked and had a 2 hour delay. I was lucky to get a seating number, because the flight was ridiculously overbooked by 30 or 40 people. It was a crisis. And that day there was slava, so all the Serbs were coming home to celebrate. It was horrible because so many people didn't make it. The guy I met from Chicago flew all the way from the USA only to be given an unassigned ticket on an overbooked flight. I didn't see him board the plane, and he was talking about simply flying back to the US if he didn't get that flight. What a shame...

that sucks. something similar happened when i flew into DC. they had closed the boston airport because of weather and this woman from overseas missed her flight because boston was her next connecting city. she was talking about having to fly back home. felt bad for her. this was in july.

oh and my sympathy for the people stuck because of the eurostar situation. any word on when they're going to run it again? last i heard it was down indefinitely.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    that sucks. something similar happened when i flew into DC. they had closed the boston airport because of weather and this woman from overseas missed her flight because boston was her next connecting city. she was talking about having to fly back home. felt bad for her. this was in july.

oh and my sympathy for the people stuck because of the eurostar situation. any word on when they're going to run it again? last i heard it was down indefinitely.
    Eurostar already started,but anyway there is not enough place for everybody so some people won't take the train before Christmas...

My babe arrived happily But anyway snow is melting down. It should be around 0 C during the Christmas and rainy :/ but at least airports and everything else can work normally.
    I wazzzz here

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My sister flew in from Baltimore yesterday. We were talking about how she got a day off from work on Monday because of the road conditions, which were good to anyone not from a quaint southern town like DC

It's like, I haven't seen the pavement on my road in over a week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12