+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Self-Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    He's a troll, guys.
    Oh will you lighten up already?

OMG nooooo not laughter!!! ahhhhhh stop it!!!! lmao

Sounds to me LB that you've got a "keeper". He is being mega-supportive, and is trying to build your morale up. Keep swimming, you'll get there.

Thanks, Perry, I agree. That's why I felt terrible for my terrible attitude earlier. I never get short with him, and so I felt awful that I let myself get that frustrated. I'm usually pretty good about stepping back and looking at my decisions before making them. I felt caught of guard by this bout of anxiety. I know it happens though.

I'm a little freaked 'cause he leaves for Mexico next month to participate in a 10-week immersion program to improve his Spanish. He's entering the police academy when he returns and knows that Spanish is valuable here in SD. He already speaks beautifully, but studying abroad is an experience everyone should have. I'm excited, but I'll miss him. And then it'll by my turn to be mega-supportive once he's in the academy.

Well another case closed. All in a days work....all in a days work.

My cousin is a cop, and he's just come back from Monterey where he had a conference. If he hadn't been fluent in Spanish, it wouldn't have happened. Texas is like Cal. all cops are going to have to be bi-lingual, pretty soon.

Monterey is so beautiful! Yeah, not only cops, but so many jobs out here really need people to be bilingual. I speak really well, but need to work on my fluency. My accent still kicks ass though.

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Another Cyber tough guy. Jeez!!
    I'm the toughest man on the internet! I can kick any girls ass here, especially yours!

Macho Macho Man!, that song get's me so pumped.

*kicks Perry in the e-vag*

I'm by no means fluent, but can understand and make myself understood, for the most part. I have some Mexican employees and sometimes it helps.

Definitely does. What do you do for work?

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I think he's an internet message board white knight or something, and mega-supportive, like a sports bra.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I might go to hell for it, but I am laughing inside waiting to hear landscaping

-------

Lahanna, from what I know of your story, you have pretty much run from one end of the country to the other, had everything you were use to dissolve from beneath you and managed to stand right back up and maintain your composure. I don't know many people that could do that....

This economy is absolutely brutal for jobs atm, it really doesn't matter if you have a degree or not at this point, its 100% who you know.

So you had a bad moment, big deal. You realized immediately that you were in the wrong and promptly addressed it rather than ignoring it and hoping that he blew it off. You're really proactive in you relationship, which is something that seems kind of distant anymore. If all women that were 20 something had as level of a head and as much compassion for another person that you do, the world would be a much better place. I learn at least one way to better myself every time I talk to you.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Cuddle naps are great, sex and cuddle naps are great also. To hold my baby in my arms is unmanly in what way? Maybe some posters would get more women, if they held them more.
    I'll admit. I glanced at your gender under your profile just to make sure when I read this. Just the way you posted it I guess. I don't find anything with hold a lover in my arms either.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Not really concerned what you thought, OV. I'm a former Army officer, combat vet, and have the wounds and tin to prove it. I never feel the need to go "cave-man" or "macho", I will leave that for the pansies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    This economy is absolutely brutal for jobs atm, it really doesn't matter if you have a degree or not at this point, its 100% who you know.
    This is so true, Lahna. I know it's frustrating but you shouldn't beat yourself up about not getting those jobs. We're still in one of the worst economic recessions in recent history.

I was laid off around Oct. last year from a magazine job I loved and have been freelancing around since then. I try not to feel bitter about the layout, but to be honest I still wish I could have that job back (I can't, the magazine folded). The publishing industry is taking a huge hit right now mostly due to the internet. So, I'm trying to learn new skills before it completely dies.

My sister went on ten interviews before she landed a job after moving back to the states, interviews that sometimes included second and third interviews. In a couple of cases, she got very close and lost out at the very end. She finally got one just as she was at the end of her rope.

You are definitely not alone here.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post

I keep telling young ones to get out and network. I think the education system really fails you in this regard. Its important to be smart and know stuff, but if you can't communicate it in a useful way, its pretty much useless.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast