+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friend having affair...what to do?

Vash, are you seriously saying that there are legitimate reasons for infidelity?

you need to tell the husband. it's bad enough that his wife hasn't told him. i have seen infidelity destroy marriages. the marriage is already over when someone is unfaithful. unfortunately, he is in the dark about her deceit and adultery. you need to tell him.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Perryville View Post
    Vash, are you seriously saying that there are legitimate reasons for infidelity?
    I said there are legitimate reasons for staying (unhappily) married. The world is not all black and white, but rather lots of shades of gray.

Anyway, unhappily married people are more prone to infidelity. You never know what skeletons lie in someone else's marital closet, so I think it's best to mind your own business, though I guess I wouldn't blame the OP for dropping this friend like a hot potato for involving her.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-12-09 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jc123 View Post
    you need to tell the husband. it's bad enough that his wife hasn't told him. i have seen infidelity destroy marriages. the marriage is already over when someone is unfaithful. unfortunately, he is in the dark about her deceit and adultery. you need to tell him.
    Thank you. I thought I was going crazy for a second being the only one who thinks the truth is worth more than some stupid woman's pride.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

What you're missing is it's not about her pride. He tells the husband, he'll lose that friend. It wouldn't surprise me if she told him hoping he'd tell.

Quote Originally Posted by killer123 View Post
    its tough my frnd but u see its a al2gether very complex prob its better u jus wait n watch wat is happning next dats all u can do......jus judge d things how dey going in ur case d situation itself wil provide a solution dats all don panic tc frnd god blesss
    Can anyone tell me WTF is this person trying to say??
    Speak less. Say more.

All you need to do is tell this person you don't appreciate the awkward position she's put you in by telling you this information, and that if she wants to continue being your friend she won't ever bring it up, or ever tell you anything like it again. Then STFU on the matter all across the board. You're under no obligation to tell anyone "the truth" when you didn't have anyting to do with the deceit in the first place. Just be very clear that you don't intend to be a confidant in such matters. If she presses the point on the grounds of "friendship", drop her.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 24-12-09 at 12:21 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12