+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ask about sex beforehand?

Quote Originally Posted by lonelyhamster View Post
    This weekend circumstances will mean that my girlfriend and I will be together for several hours...alone...in a hotel room.

There is a possibility that one thing will lead to the next, and...you know the next part.

The question is: should I ask her about it beforehand, or just let it happen?
    I am a virgin and I think she is as well.

Thanks
    Yes, definitely talk it over. Communication is so important prior to sex.

Learn what you can; know your basic biology; etc. All that stuff helps.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    WHAT?

Daddy's ALWAYS think of us as little girls thinking immaculate conception all the way. Get over it.

Condoms are fine, morning after pills are should NOT be contraception. They are used for emergency mistakes.

She *should* go see her dr. if not before very soon. What's the harm?

Schedulaling losing your virginity is to be frank pretty damn lame. Why does it have to be planned? Why can't it just progress until it happens. Yes, it's good to talk, to know how one is feeling if both parties are ready. But to plan is to pressure. I'd advise against it. Just let it happen. Be prepared for it to happen but don't expect it to happen.
    Um. Planning to lose one's virginity is very much a guy thing.

Not that it's a smart thing; just saying.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women do this a lot too. They have this huge fantasy idea in their head.

Thanks, everyone's advice is duly noted.
    Sex may or may not happen (but if it does we will be careful), but we certainly are going to enjoy our night regardless!

I had thought it would be a good idea to plan the first time to be as careful as possible and to avoid risks. But if that's going to happen, it also means waiting until after a doctor visit.

However I did talk to her and I have condoms ready, just in case

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    how old are you guys, anyway?

For the record, I think you SHOULD plan ahead. People who just "let it happen" end up pregnant.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm 17 and she's 16.

As the saying goes, "Trust in God, but tie up your camel." Don't force the issue, but bring a few condoms along just-in-case. Don't mention you have them, don't wave them about. Just have them in case you need them.

ALWAYS wear a goddamn condom son. You only get one cock, so protect the **** out of it.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Always wrap it unless you and your girl have both been tested - confirmed clean - and are ok with the possibility of her contraception failing and producing a kid.

That's the ideal way anyway... sometimes we get lost in the moment, think with the wrong head and end up with a little something special as a result. Don't get something special as a result.

(Happened to a friend of mine, not me)

I've to say that you're young. Wait for a little bit.

Like everyone said...it's better to be prepared.

But there is nothing wrong with spending the whole night just cuddling and touching...

It's a good step towards building more trust between one and another.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    I'm always on the fence about this one. I'm not sure if it's better to just do it and get over the love = sex OMG let's hump hormones early so that you can actually get around to having a real relationship or not. And, frankly he's not that young. He's almost old enough (physically) to go to war, and if you're old enough to go to war, you're old enough to do a lot of things they don't let you.

Sex is great, don't get me wrong, but at your age it's really hard to differentiate between being horny and being in love.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He may or may not be ready, but most 16 year old girls are about as smart as a turnip. I doubt she is ready. I don't know anyone (female) who had sex at that age and didn't regret it later.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    He may or may not be ready, but most 16 year old girls are about as smart as a turnip. I doubt she is ready. I don't know anyone (female) who had sex at that age and didn't regret it later.
    I second that, I know some of freinds have had sex when they were younger ( 14/15) and they've told me that regretted it afterwards, and while the guy basically just fell asleep, they were crying and what could have happen. I haven't had sex either but I have spoken to my girlfreind about it and she's more then happy to wait. It's not an easy choice to make...
    Quote Originally Posted by UNKNOWN
    When I saw you I was afraid to meet you. When I met you I was afraid to kiss you. When I kissed you I was afraid to love you. Now that I love you, I am afraid to lose you.

Quote Originally Posted by kai View Post
    Why? It doesn't matter if someone is 18 or 38: Though there's no way to fully anticipate everything about the first time, you can always plan and understand a little more of what you're about to get into. Abstinence is not always an effective long-term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    As the saying goes, "Trust in God, but tie up your camel." Don't force the issue, but bring a few condoms along just-in-case. Don't mention you have them, don't wave them about. Just have them in case you need them.

ALWAYS wear a goddamn condom son. You only get one cock, so protect the **** out of it.
    Hands-down the funniest post I have seen during my short time here.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    Why? It doesn't matter if someone is 18 or 38: .
    already answered:

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    And BTW - he isn't 18, and neither is she.

Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    Why? It doesn't matter if someone is 18 or 38: Though there's no way to fully anticipate everything about the first time, you can always plan and understand a little more of what you're about to get into. Abstinence is not always an effective long-term solution.
    Don't forget to tell the same thing to your 16 old daughter, when you become a parent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast