+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having All Male Friends

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    Yeah, I really treasure my girl bonding time. I do wish I had more women I could bond with over the things I find fulfilling. I find that most women either aren't capable of deeper conversation, or just don't want to talk about literature or film. I'm not interested in Cosmo, or Coach bags, or People magazine.

I also find that more and more women are similarly stand-offish. As we get older we get more guarded around other women due to the poisonous relationships we may have had with them in our younger years. I try to be as open and inviting as possible though.
    You are a liar when you say you don't like Coach!
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I used to think I liked males better than femlaes, but then I realized that I just didn't like bitchy drama queen attention whores, so the the older I get, the more I appreciate women, especially those who have moved beyond all that.

Of course, I genuinely appreciate males more too, but for different things than when I was in my teens and 20s.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I am closer to my girlfriends than my guyfriends because there are just more stuff to talk about with other girls. But, guyfriends are great too because they feel the need to be nice and protective to girls. I also like my guy cousins for that reason.

If a chick has 0 girlfriends, that is troubling.. if she had more guy friends then girls, I dont find that odd at all.. I definitely have several friends who fall into this category, most of them will probably explain that during high school they hated being around all the drama that is associated with girls and decided to move away from it. Guys are naturally more relaxed and usually know how to have a good time.

As for guys allowing it just because they wanna get some action, it happens sometimes because of that reason, but to say that it is a key factor as to why many girls have more guy friends would be overkill..

I have both male and female friends, but my closest friends are women. I am lucky to have 4 really close female friends who are like sisters to me. I would do anything for them, and I know they are the same with me. I wouldn't trade our friendship for anything.

One thing I have noticed, and more so when I was young, is that women are sometimes non-confrontational on uncommunicative in their friendships. If they are upset or annoyed with you they will become withdrawn or talk behind your back rather than coming to you and telling you that they have a problem. My male friends seem to be more direct in this way.

Of course not all women are like that, and my four closest friends are totally direct and honest with me, and I am the same to them. I tend to bond more with women who share this trait.

Most of my friends are guys because I prefer relating to men. Based on my experience, I have found them to be more loyal as friends and extremely interesting without petty jealousies/cattiness. My friendships with my guy friends have more depth than those with female friends. This is not because I yearn for male attention - I have always gotten that attention therefore it is not an issue for me - it's just my preference. I enjoy relating to men. I like the way they think and interact with others. They are more interesting to me..

BTW, I have two best friends - my sister and a guy whom I have known since the first month of my first year in college.

Well, I have always had more male friends than female. Firstly becuase I grew up in a family of six men. (No sisters.) Secondly, in my village there were no girls to play with, my age, so I always had to play with the village boys. So I was a tomboy, fishing, camping, making campfires, playing 'guns', building dens. I loved it and loved the outdoor activities and sense of adventure. Perhaps, having grown up in a predominantly male environment, I feel more comfortable in the company of men. But I have close female friends too, and enjoy spending time with them doing girlie things.

In a perfect world I'd have a balance of male and female friends.

I'd say its definately possible to have male friends who are purely platonic. Alot of my male friends are like brothers to me, and I could not even consider anything sexual happening. If I was in a relationship I would not want my boyfriend to feel jealous or threatened by the fact that I might want to hang out with my male friends now and then.

It seems to me that alot of females i know have lots of male friends but most of the time their closest friends are female (or camp/gay males).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oddly, I find certain age groups of males to be more likeable than others. I like young males, and I like older ones, but the ones aproximately 35-50ish? Eh, generally not so much, unless they are gay. (yes, I know it's ridiculous, and yes, there are exceptions.)

This most likely has to do with the fact that I hear too much about what the married ones are really like from their wives. They also tend to group themselves at that age into either the church-going, polo and khaki-wearing dorks, or overgrown teenagers (emotionally immature).

I find a lot of women in that age group to be awesome, though.
    Last edited by vashti; 18-01-10 at 08:47 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12