+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do guys hafta be attracted to other females?

To be honest, I think women too are like that. We just hear it more when its the men who does it. But in the end, women do look at men too; even if they are in love.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole View Post
    OP, stop whining. If you want a guy who isn't sexually interested in other women, then date a 50-yr old with low testosterone levels. But even then, you'll probably complain that he has a low sex drive. Men were created to procreate with many females. Get over it.
    ....Yeah, thats what I'm trying to do. But its difficult to accept such a disgusting, animalistic thing.

Damnit, thanks to Neo, now I feel worse about this than before. I was really (naively) hoping that at least one dude would say, "I am so in love with my girl that I no longer notice or think about other females". But I guess thats too advanced or evolved for monkeys---*cough*---I mean men.

I don't think so, I wouldn't look at other girls if I was with a girl. I mean to go out with a girl she has to be special therefore more important than the others. Then again, everyone is different, men and women. And in those 2 general groups there is a lot of sub-groups which makes it difficult to generalize your opinion.

whats wrong with looking? you can look but u cant touch. shiz not all guys are like that.

There's nothing wrong with looking according to society's standards. However, this still hurts my feelings and confuses me b/c like I said in previous posts---I don't look b/c I couldn't care less. Wonder, if you are saying there are men out there who aren't interested---then God bless you b/c thats all I wanted to hear. That its possible.

I think it is only human to look at beauty.
    Have you never caught yourself looking at a beautiful man at the supermarket or the restaurant?
    Is there not a particular actor or a few that you admire just because they are physically attractive?
    There is nothing we can say that will make you feel better.
    Looking is healthy and it's not cheating..

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_Boogie View Post
    Damnit, thanks to Neo, now I feel worse about this than before. I was really (naively) hoping that at least one dude would say, "I am so in love with my girl that I no longer notice or think about other females". But I guess thats too advanced or evolved for monkeys---*cough*---I mean men.
    Honestly that's how I am when I'm really head over heels for a girl. No other woman exists. Even if I do notice another attractive woman, there will probably be something about her that reminds me of the girl I'm in love with, and I'll start thinking about her. Heck, when I masturbate I'll be thinking about my girl.

But because of the nature of me, I've never had a relationship that's lasted more than a few months, so I've never gone past that honeymoon stage. I'm sure things would change once the initial infatuation wears off. Maybe things wouldn't change. I don't know.
    The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_Boogie View Post
    There's nothing wrong with looking according to society's standards. However, this still hurts my feelings and confuses me b/c like I said in previous posts---I don't look b/c I couldn't care less. Wonder, if you are saying there are men out there who aren't interested---then God bless you b/c thats all I wanted to hear. That its possible.

Yes there are, but its the samethin with women. Some girl I went out with like at the beach or something would notice other men. Sameting with celebrities... I mean I don't look at any women when I am in love (like sheeaz said..). I think you just have to find a guy that really loves you.

The thing here Elle is you are ASSUMING that he is looking at other women when he's not around you. You have no concrete proof & you are convincing yourself he's doing these things.

Have you talked to him about your feelings? Open communication even if it's not all sweety pie, lovey dovey is essential in a relationship.

I am assuming he's looking, b/c science, health class, Maxim, Cosmo, and life experiences in general have proven to me thats how men are. I know there's a slight chance he's one of the few that don't, but its very unlikely. And while I am grateful for his fidelity, I am still sickened by the thought of his mental wandering.

I know he loves me and I know for a fact he's faithful. Its just the idea of him thinking about other girls that makes me sick. I dunno how to make this feeling go away! It makes me near tears. And like I said before, its possible he's not checking out or thinking about other girls---but its very, very unlikely.

Maxim & Cosmo are really the honest truth that we should ALL live by...

Maybe you should talk to a professional about this, someone that can help you with these feelings you have.

BTW...you haven't answered my questions on if you have talked to him about this. If he doesn't know how you feel, how can he talk to you about it & maybe help you to put your mind at ease?

I guess I am confused about why this is such a horrible, upsetting thing? I would be upset if a guy were to blatantly stare down a hot woman right in front of me, at least if it were done in a disrespectful manner and not in a quick glance.

Do you really NEVER look at attractive men? Never?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would be genuinely worried if a male didn't notice an attractive woman. That would be a warning sign to me that he may have impotence issues.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast