+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Vehicle matters to females?

I personally feel that if you spend too much money on your vehicle, you are an insecure, shallow moron! Donate some money to a cause greater than your ego! I also feel, however, that a car choice sometimes reflects intellect, too. I was careful when purchasing my vehicle, I looked at the consumer's guide for the most dependable vehicle for the money I had. I went with AWD (cause I live in a place where it snows for four-five months of the year), SUV cause I want to have room for packing/traveling if I am feeling adventurous, and HONDA because they NEVER die and hold their resale value. Duh. Yeah- Honda and Toyotas= intelligence, in my opinion. If they drive a beater, I give them the benefit of the doubt because I've been broke before and couldn't be choosy myself. Trucks can be fun, but if they are too over the top, they might as well be driving a sports car because they look like a tool that is far too concerned with appearance!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I personally feel that if you spend too much money on your vehicle, you are an insecure, shallow moron! Donate some money to a cause greater than your ego!

That's kinda harsh. I would say you're insecure and shallow if you buy a vehicle that's beyond your means to make yourself look good.

If you're hard working and making very good money, you have a right to a nice vehicle if you want it because you've earned it.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I don't care what a guy drives as long as he takes care of his vehicle. If he is responsible with his car then it means he probably treats other things of his good too.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

I drive a medium sized black SUV with big knobby tyres, bull bar, spotlights, and a whip. Gets me anywhere I want to go, a kind of Nightrider for the quintessential SUV world.

It also automatically weeds out the prissy cosmo wannabe/new age-hippy/focktarded global warming swindle supporters as they see my ride, sneer, and make tracks in the other direction.

Fortunately, it's most of the women in Melbourne, so I feel blessed in not having to waste my time with the mindless harpies.

Some guys use their rides as chick magnets, I use mine to repel.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't really care so much, as long as it is reliable and isn't covered in Bush or NRA bumper stickers.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It's just a personal opinion- call me judgmental!- I totally understand the point of working hard, earning good money and feeling deserving of nice things as a result- but to what extent?? If you spend 50k or more on a vehicle, it is just gluttonous to me- no matter HOW much you make. If you have money to throw around like that- have a better purpose for it.

Oh hey, I'm a guy... but...

I'm in High school and I just got a new Lexus es350 (very nice car, even without considering the fact that I'm 16). Picked up a female friend today, and she seemed VERY impressed with it. Idk if that will lead to anything but she was very excited over the car. But to me what really matters is that I made her comfortable, and I'll drive her around with more confidence than if i were in a crappy car, and I know confidence really helps you get the girl. Also if she associates you with comfort thats a major plus. So... it might not help you get the girl directly, but indirectly, it would.

I'm really young so I guess I'm not as experienced as some but thats my two cents.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And the most important is, it's how the guy is driving his car. I know many guys who were driving like assholes (fast and dangerously) and are dead now , I also know many guys who drive after drinking A LOT. Because then, even if they take You for a ride in their nice Mercedes, You both and the car won't look that nice anymore, after You meet a tree.
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No offense hopeful, but when young kids such as yourself are driving a Lexus (or similarly valued car), I immediately lose respect for their parents.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't even have a driving licence
    I wazzzz here

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Regarding money/ cars.

If you're given a really sweet car that you didn't work hard at all for I'll probably judge you (initally) as a spoiled brat you can prove me otherwise.

But I think that if you work hard for your money and you can afford a really nice car 50k, 100k whatever- go for it. I think it's sad that anyone should want to tell someone you can't have a sweet car no matter how much you make. It's like a house! If you make a ton of money you're going to have a sweet ass house! It's going to be way too big, way to fancy but you have the money and you wanted a sweet house- by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I have an old, shitty, beat-up oldsmobile. Bought it for $2k, I've had it for 5 years and it still works grand. It never really deterred me from dating or having girlfriends, though one of my exes, a really snotty bitch, refused to be seen in it with me.

Guys usually have nicer cars to compensate for a lack of something else... personality, penis size, etc. I suppose the bottom line depends on where you're from. If you lived in NYC you probably wouldn't have to worry about a car. In the midwest, it's another story. Of course, at some point you probably will buy a car. It doesn't make sense to invest in an overpriced vehicle when it depreciates in value right off the car lot. Just buy a decent one and keep it squeaky clean. If it smells good and it's clean as new, you're good to go.
    Bullsh*t... I've always been fortunate enough to own nice sports cars. Its not because I have a small pee pee....its because I like cars and speed.

To comment on the thread.... I drive a Mercedes that I bought when I had a GF and she was definitely excited about it when I purchased it. I used to love putting the windows down, opening the sunroof, and driving to the beach....and she did too. Now that I'm single, I wouldnt like if a girl was super excited about my nice car. I don't want to attract gold diggers, so I try not to mention what type of car I have or let them see my keys when I first meet them.

I'm not going to lie though, I like to pick chicks up for dates in it.....its never really "sealed the deal" for me. I couldnt be one of those dudes that tries to use their car to pickup chicks, those are the guys that are compensating for something.
    Last edited by Dogtoast; 30-01-10 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    No offense hopeful, but when young kids such as yourself are driving a Lexus (or similarly valued car), I immediately lose respect for their parents.
    Why though? If they have the means to let their children enjoy the finer things in life, why not?

If the kids are cocky little jerks and act as if they are gods gift and the world owes them the entitlement they deserve, then thats a different story.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I can think of a bunch of other things I'd want to spend my money on instead of what I use to get to work or go from A to B. I could care less what people think of me while they're driving next to me or walking on the sidewalk.

Once I'm where I need to be, I'm me ... and damn, I'm good at what I am.

That being said, if someone has a hobby and just likes nice cars, it's all good ... I know a lot of people like that ... It's like any hobby ... even a comic book collector will pay top dollar for something they really want and enjoy.

... but for the sake of impressing the opposite sex, I think you'd need more than a nice car.

But ladies, this is your thread ... I'm just bored/bothered out of my mind ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    That's kinda harsh. I would say you're insecure and shallow if you buy a vehicle that's beyond your means to make yourself look good.

If you're hard working and making very good money, you have a right to a nice vehicle if you want it because you've earned it.
    I agree with this to some extent, but I do think that most people who drive BMW, Lexus, Mercs do it to show off to others, at least somewhat. If they otherwise why not buy a comparable, high-quality car without the big-ticket brand? There are several makes of cars whose 'guts' are the same as the brand car. The VW Passat vs. Audi, for example.

Of course, it also depends what you are doing with it. Certain jobs are very status conscious. If you are a CEO, stockbroker, or even a realtor driving to meet clients then you better wear nice clothes and drive a nice car. Other people judge your success on how you look.

Personally, my taste in cars are surprisingly simple. That's b/c I dump our money into boats, mind. We all have our vices/enjoyment.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast