+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "You are never gona be happy."

Quote Originally Posted by mrz16 View Post

And i do agree with skintsevol to some level. I think the mods should concentrate on the advice rather than taking the piss. No offence, it is called the Love Advice Forum for a reason. Just something to ponder
    Would you like to show me an example of a mod taking the piss in lieu of giving advice?
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Giga IS giving advice.

Have I told you that you're my girly girl E-crush? Yeah that's right I fancy your ass you bitchy mod you.
    Last edited by girl68; 11-02-10 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Berkeley View Post
    So you are saying I should settle?
    Who's saying you should settle?

You should know who you are
    You should know what you want
    You should look for the qualities you want in a woman and bypass those who don't match them

Saying that you don't want to be with someone who works in a grocery store is saying that you are not yet sure of what you are looking for. If you are unsure of what you are looking for then does it really surprise you that you can't find a match?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

There is a reason why someone works at a coffee shop or grocery store. THATS what I want to avoid.
    No, there are a variety of reasons why someone might work at a coffee shop or grocery store. For example, a person may need to earn some money while getting a college degree. Is that a good enough reason for you? Or do you feel that education is a waste of time?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think he thinks people who work there are lazy bums who can't get a 'better' job. Even though I've heard of some DAMN good positions work in a grocery mart.

If you're not happy with who you are while alone, you won't be happy with anyone else either.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Or, it's a tough economy and they're making ends meet any way they can.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    The Persian girls may be telling you to look for a grounded girl because it's in their culture, but unless that type of girl really compliments you their advice is useless.
    Hahhahahahaaa. Thats hilarious. Someone does not know rich Persian women.

Hint, they're very, very far off from what you assume about Persian culture. Rich Persian girls in the US are often very materialistic, barely / don't speak any Farsi at all, like to have American names, frequently dye their hair Blonde, they try to be too American if you ask me. I know far too many of these Persian girls (especially down in LA), but there are always wonderful exceptions to the rules. Either way, giving advice based off ethnicity is always pretty pointless, culture varies greatly among immigrants and culture for wealthy Iranian girls who grew up in America is very different from those who grew up in Iran. Think pink embroidered T-Shirts with "Princess" stamped on it in place of a Hijab.

Anyway, Graham, I don't get what you're complaining about. You're upset with your roommates quality of advice? Anyway, one thing to keep in mind, whenever you start to change yourself, your friends will resent you for it in some way. Whether its getting in shape, changing to a new type of higher paying job, dressing differently, developing new social circles, they'll always have a gripe with it. You gotta make the choice for you, this isn't to say your new style of clothes is / isn't good, it just means that you need to take the criticisms with a grain of salt when people say you're changing your style too much.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I wouldn't judge a person based on their job, Graham, especially in this economy where a lot of intelligent people lost their jobs due to downsizing. A couple of years ago I lost my well-paying job and had to do a few month stint at Starbucks until I could find something else. There was no work to be found in my area whatsoever. I was ashamed to be there, but at least my bills were being paid in the interim.

It's okay to have standards, but you're getting older and every year the amount of available women is getting smaller. I read an article the other day about people spending so long transfixed on this idea of finding 'the one' or the 'perfect partner' that they usually ended up alone. You can be happy with someone that doesn't tick every single box on your list of what constitutes the perfect woman.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Been nearly a month since I checked on this thread...

Yeah Persian woman are fun and hot as hell but materialistic to NO END. My favorite thing is when they say "I'm old fashioned." That translates into "Buy me everything I want AND hold the door open for me like American culture in the 50's". Its pretty fun to have ego battles with them. Gets them all spun up.

I don't care how inelegant or how hard working a person is. There is a fundamental problem with them if they are working a Mc.job for any length of time. A short time after a layoff or in desperate times is fine but if that's the only thing they can/know how to do that girl isn't for me. "Well what if shes going to school?" I would ask "What is she going to school for." note the correlation between people going to school for futurless degrees, like English Literature , Who HAVE to take a Mc.job because that is the only skillset they have. How many studying astrophysicists do you know that work at starbucks for any length of time? Exactly...

I don't feel superior to anyone I feel I make better decisions about my future...
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Haha, I don't quite know what to say, but I find myself in that boat a lot myself. I come from a very large Persian family. My grandfather had twenty-four children and I'm getting lectures from a good half of them. Although Persian women lost their appeal to me. When your mother is telling you to find a Persian girlfriend who's a virgin when you're still dating somebody else, it kinda puts you off to them in general.

I take a different approach though, I try to get to know people, but if I don't click with them fast, I don't bother going into any relationship to them at all. I haven't been in any relationship that's lasted less than half a year. I kinda feel like trying this out though after my current girlfriend is done stringing me along and finally dumps me. Oh and happy new years!

Quote Originally Posted by mrz16 View Post
    Bruv stop holding expectations on people because of their circumstances. Someone isnt an a hole just because they work in a cafe or a Mcdonalds. And dont look too hard, who knows you've probably already met Mrs. Right.
    I have to agree - just because someone's working in a coffee shop doesn't mean they aren't creative, etc, etc. Amazingly, creativity doesn't pay the wages, unless you can convince people your work is great.

Edit: Also, are you going for 'high self esteem' or outright aggronance?

Been nearly a month since I checked on this thread...

Yeah Persian woman are fun and hot as hell but materialistic to NO END. My favorite thing is when they say "I'm old fashioned." That translates into "Buy me everything I want AND hold the door open for me like American culture in the 50's". Its pretty fun to have ego battles with them. Gets them all spun up.

I don't care how inelegant or how hard working a person is. There is a fundamental problem with them if they are working a Mc.job for any length of time. A short time after a layoff or in desperate times is fine but if that's the only thing they can/know how to do that girl isn't for me. "Well what if shes going to school?" I would ask "What is she going to school for." note the correlation between people going to school for futurless degrees, like English Literature , Who HAVE to take a Mc.job because that is the only skillset they have. How many studying astrophysicists do you know that work at starbucks for any length of time? Exactly...

I don't feel superior to anyone I feel I make better decisions about my future...
    Was just wondering - what is your profession? i am assuming you work??? What will you bring to the table in this relationship you are looking for with 'your' persian woman.......

Wow I am new on here so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, but you sound like a real piece of work Graham.

I was only friends with one Persian girl my whole life, in HS and in college but I find the sentence "Persian women are like this..." very offensive, my friend Mitra was nothing like someone you are describing. Is it possible that members of ethnic groups are individuals w/ their own characteristics, what a thought.

You might have to try to get to know people on an individual basis, it's terribly time-consuming I know...Sorry dude.

Yeah... Shame on me for having different opinions and experiences. Heaven forbid I want to date someone with a reasonable amount of success in their life and not settle for someone making excuses for themselves about why they work at a Coffee shop...

Edit: Also, are you going for 'high self esteem' or outright aggronance?
    Whats aggronance?

Was just wondering - what is your profession? i am assuming you work??? What will you bring to the table in this relationship you are looking for with 'your' persian woman.......
    Its complicated but lets just say I make enough money that I often have to wonder if a woman is attracted to me or the green... I suppose good looking women experience the same question when dating a guy. "Is he into me or my body?"

Wow I am new on here so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, but you sound like a real piece of work Graham.

I was only friends with one Persian girl my whole life, in HS and in college but I find the sentence "Persian women are like this..." very offensive, my friend Mitra was nothing like someone you are describing. Is it possible that members of ethnic groups are individuals w/ their own characteristics, what a thought.

You might have to try to get to know people on an individual basis, it's terribly time-consuming I know...Sorry dude.
    Good for you and your Persian friend? If you've only been around one Persian woman then how do you know she is typical? Sounds like you have had a better experience than I. Also assuming I don't get to know people on a personal basis because my views are different than yours is outrageously immature and illogical. I'll respect your opinion though
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast