+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am in LOVE with my best friend/housemate. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeman View Post
    She kind of made it sound like she was not ready for that. She also went on about how she kind of needed to work stuff out of her own and she didn't want to complicate the friendship with sex. Does this change things?
    thats her way of nicely turning you down while trying to do some damage control. You two obviously have history (in friendship terms) and she is used to having you around. Its probably tough for her to cut you out cold turkey and she probably still genuinely enjoys your friendship. But trust me on this one, if you bring it up again, it WILL change the friendship between you for more then a couple awkward weeks. She will think "okay i didnt cut him out before and it got worse, so now i have to start distancing myself even more"

Change your game plan and save your friendship now, you'll get over her given enough time. Treat her with no greater "intimacy" then you would your best guy friend. (and by intimacy i mean like conversations topics, dont dig too deep). You want to distance yourself from those strong emotions.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that is a tough one... being that she said that she wanted to be friends with you, yet she isn't bothered by that fact that you told her you are attracted to her was a good thing. most people would trip out, but she feels that she values your friendship more than freaking herself out. on the other hand, you said that she seeks you out, and i find that common with her reaction. she doesn't want to loose you as a friend. however, if i were you, i'd take up this conversation once more. or better yet, have mutual friend has her opinion. this friend already should know your side of the story so it would be fairly easy for him/her to bring up this conversation. from there you should set your goals, depending on what she says about you.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Even if she doesn't see me in romantic terms now is there a chance later down the road that she will 180. Does that ever happen to girls?

I suppose anything is possible, but it has never happened to me. There's generally no way out of the friend zone.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    For me yes it can happen. However it wouldn't happen if the guy told me he had feelings and I said I had none. If it did happen it would have happened when you spoke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I suppose anything is possible, but it has never happened to me. There's generally no way out of the friend zone.
    Ditto, and trust me on this one buddy, you can't get hung up on 'maybe down the road'.. type of thought. You'll tear yourself apart, its just so unhealthy. Move on, there are other women out there, she just happens to be a good friend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12