+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Petit Papillon View Post
    What I mean is... You can use slang with your buddies but at least don't do grammar mistakes like an idiot on a public forum :/
    I can't stop myself from thinking that he's less smart just because he was doing so many grammar or spelling mistakes... I know he can do it better. And especially because he's 16 or something, he should learn to speak better, it's for his own sake,unless he wants to become brainless guy who can't find a work just because he's speaking and writing like a dork.

And besides, you native speakers should give us foreigners better examples,you know?We also learn from talking to you and if you will do mistakes,we will learn and repeat those mistakes.And after other native speakrs will accuse us of being stupid just because we spell like dorks Do you understand me ?
    Well in that case it isn't "we also learn from talking to you and if you will do mistakes"...it should be "we also learn from talking to you and if you make mistakes"...mistakes are always made not done.

Yea I do understand what you are saying but I suppose the way I see it is I talk on here like I would talk to my friends because this is nothing professional...its a venue and audience one in the same for me.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by dewilliams2 View Post
    Well in that case it isn't "we also learn from talking to you and if you will do mistakes"...it should be "we also learn from talking to you and if you make mistakes"...mistakes are always made not done.

Yea I do understand what you are saying but I suppose the way I see it is I talk on here like I would talk to my friends because this is nothing professional...its a venue and audience one in the same for me.
    Thanks

YEs, but there is a difference in speaking english that everybody can understand and english ,that some native speakers have problems to understand. See I don't care about pointing out someone's mistakes. There just is a line, where it starts to be annoying. I mean, there is a moment where the slang looks like those people just don't know how to write in english...
    I wazzzz here

Well since he hasn't been here to defend himself I suppose we are ommiting the possibliity that he does have a problem with literacy...or maybe he is dyslexic?...then there is also always the possibility that the flag shown is not a representation of his native country...perhaps he is now a citizen of the U.K. but was not always.

Truly more than anything else I'm just arguing with you for the sake of arguing with you....I pretty much agree with you in the fullest....but that won't stop me from using poor grammar and vocab...ya can't make me....ya can't!!!!
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Well I mean so do we but so much of what we learn is from everyday experiences...we spend more time just talking to people than in class...you know what I mean...I certainly wasn't defending his post...I thought it sucked to but I have heard this a lot before on other forums from non-native speakers and that is why...its sort of like how my Spanish is probably in many cases much better than a native speaker simply because I learned it like I would learn math....not just through experiences.
    I learned my 2 main languages in school since I was 3 with grammar classes, don't you learn english that way too? English I didn't have my first classes until I was 10 or so..

No, we have a substandard public school system.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    No, we have a substandard public school system.
    Really? O.o I thought the spanish system is horrible...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well since he hasn't been here to defend himself I suppose we are ommiting the possibliity that he does have a problem with literacy...or maybe he is dyslexic?...then there is also always the possibility that the flag shown is not a representation of his native country...perhaps he is now a citizen of the U.K. but was not always.

Truly more than anything else I'm just arguing with you for the sake of arguing with you....I pretty much agree with you in the fullest....but that won't stop me from using poor grammar and vocab...ya can't make me....ya can't!!!!
    You can't win with me. Last time I was arguing about Rugby with my boyfriend ,also just for the sake of argue and guess who has won hehehe :p Of course me,my voice is so high, you can't beat that hehe. Besides I'm mod you fool, don't forget that :p

PS. I think dyslexia is not an excuse. I know many people who were diagnosed with dyslexia and through hard work,they managed to avoid making mistakes. You can do everything, if you want of course...
    Last edited by Petit Papillon; 13-04-10 at 06:46 AM.
    I wazzzz here

Considering that your English is better than most of the American posters on this forum, I think you might want to re-assess that.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Considering that your English is better than most of the American posters on this forum, I think you might want to re-assess that.
    If that's meant for me, I owe my english to myself, in school we learned very little english. I had to self-teach me... when we were learning "I am, we are, you are, they are" and numbers in school I was reading books in english on my own.

Edit: Still, my english isn't really good, I have to improve lots of things, specially my spoken english.

Well, you're off to a fine start, robot.
    Spammer Spanker

You can't win with me. Last time I was arguing about Rugby with my boyfriend ,also just for the sake of argue and guess who has won hehehe :p Of course me,my voice is so high, you can't beat that hehe. Besides I'm mod you fool, don't forget that :p

PS. I think dyslexia is not an excuse. I know many people who were diagnosed with dyslexia and through hard work,they managed to avoid making mistakes. You can do everything, if you want of course...
    As I said I really haven't had a point other than to refute everything you've said...there isn't anything on tv and its excellent entertainment....and I am terrified of the mod with the high voice...your threats have quaked me to my knees....nothing more intimidating than that....your a hardass...I can't keep up.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As I said I really haven't had a point other than to refute everything you've said...there isn't anything on tv and its excellent entertainment....and I am terrified of the mod with the high voice...your threats have quaked me to my knees....nothing more intimidating than that....your a hardass...I can't keep up.

&"é'(-è_çà)
    I wazzzz here

Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    I learned my 2 main languages in school since I was 3 with grammar classes, don't you learn english that way too? English I didn't have my first classes until I was 10 or so..
    Quote Originally Posted by the_robot View Post
    If that's meant for me, I owe my english to myself, in school we learned very little english. I had to self-teach me... when we were learning "I am, we are, you are, they are" and numbers in school I was reading books in english on my own.

Edit: Still, my english isn't really good, I have to improve lots of things, specially my spoken english.
    We do learn english from elementary school through our senior year...or at least we are supposed to...we also generally start a foreign language the last 4 years of school...I took Spanish but since I went to a small school my only other option was French and I felt Spanish would be more of a benefit her in America.

My point was though when learning a language that hour a day we spend in class learning a proper english is overshadowed by the rest of our interactions....our school system does need work though...many people do not get the attention they need and are just pushed through simply because there are to few teachers and in some cases books in the inner-city schools....I went to a rural school so I never had more than 20 students per teacher....I am very fortunate.

As for your english...it isn't perfect but honestly I can't say that it is any worse than mine...I could just as easily mistake the errors you make as simply typing mistakes....your english is pretty good...as is pp's...I've read a lot worse....most of the time when I make mistakes it is a typing error or my mind is moving faster than my fingers and I've begun a new sentence in my head while still typing the last one and they just run together.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

&"é'(-è_çà)
    As usual I was kidding...rarely take me seriously on anything....just out of curiosity...where in the hell did you find that?...I mean did you just have that saved for an occasion such as this?...I don't use lol and haha which I know makes it hard to tell when I'm joking...I just think both of those are ridiculous and that will probably be the last time you ever see me type either of them...but generally I'm always joking.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course I know you're joking and no, I have my secret website with pics like this :p I found it ,it's MINEEEEE.
    I wazzzz here

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast