Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
Everybody tends to argue with me when it comes to situations where contraception is necessary. But my argument is that birth control pills shouldn't be used because of all the risks involved. Condoms should and would always suffice.

In your case, there are holistic solutions to your problems.

I suffer from a severe form of insomnia. I have an irregular sleep schedule, where I am awake and conscious for 2-3 days at a time, and then I sleep for short periods of 3-4 hours. Sometimes it's regular and I can go to bed at midnight/2am and wake up after 6-8 hours of sleep, but my schedule is always reversing and sometimes I even sleep during the day and I'm awake all night. My solutions to those problems are alcohol, over the counter drugs with drowsiness side effects, and exercise.
That is exactly how my sleep schedule goes too when I am not regulating it with medication. Trouble is, I also have a nerve disorder that causes my limbs to twitch the more exhausted the get.

And you know alcohol is making your problem worse right? It's producing GABA, and raising your alpha waves thus making you sleepy, but after you pass out for about 2 hours, the GABA production rebounds, and you never enter your REM cycle, which is where your "rest" comes from.