+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The motherly urge...

You know, one advantage of having kids, is that you will never grow old alone....

Not the only reason to have them though.

I wouldn't exactly say that I was or am the maternal type, but nonetheless I have a daughter who is now 15 and I don't regret it
    I know some women who have had one child, gained lots of weight and never shifted it and I know one woman with 5 children and you would never even think she had any kids! Lucky cow! lol....

Of course your time isn't your own anymore and you have to sacrifice a lot and put the needs of your children first. I've gone without a lot of things and just so that she can have things. I always have and continue to place her needs over mine.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Theres definately no need for you to rush into things, you should go do things that will be harder and possibly impractical with a child.

I became a mother young, too young really, but i wouldnt change it for the world, every time i look at my son he brightens my world up, it is hard work and being a parent requires you to be totally selfless, the sheer unconditional and eternal love you feel for your child makes everything else seem unimportant.
    That said though, it doesnt mean you lose your figure- ive got a pretty good figure and no stretch marks I also make time to do my own things, i still have a life and hobbies/interests - i just have to make sure they dont impact on my sons life to his detriment. Life doesnt end when you have kids, it just takes on a new chapter
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    You know, one advantage of having kids, is that you will never grow old alone....
    Trust me... having children is no guarantee you won't be alone when you are old. I see a lot of abandoned old souls in the hospital. It's really sad.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    theres just as many 'bad' sons/daughters (as adults)as there are bad parents.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't until your in a stable job situation. I didn't have mine until I was 30. Plenty of women having children as late as mid-40s; you have tons of time.

I used to be petrified of the idea of having children. Not just the process, but the aftermath. Everything. I didn't like babies for a long time. I hit my early twenties, maybe sooner, and something changed. Babies were suddenly cute. It freaked me out. I've grown used to it since then, and I love playing with my current neighbor's little boys. The fact that they adore me as well makes me feel confident in my abilities as a future parent.

I know my guy is still in "I don't dig babies" mode, and that's fine. But I do fall all over myself when I see a male that enjoys playing with little ones. Melts my heart like nothin' else.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    hawaii??? and you didn't say anything early ah?

well honestly coming from a man's point of view, if i were with a girl that didn't want to have children, i would have already thought of moving onto another woman that did.

besides, i'm sure that you probably exercise and eat healthy. if not, then you're going to end up fat regardless if you have children or not. however, if you hit the gym regularly, then you'll return to your normal weight.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Ever since I can remember the thought of having children made me cringe. When I was around 5 and playing house I never wanted to be the baby or the mommy or have a baby doll, I would be the dog.
    As I grew older my hatred for children remained. It grossed me out to hold a baby. I didn't know how to react when toddler clutched to my leg smiling up at me. ugh.
    Anyway any boyfriend I've ever had I would tell them NO on kids. NO WAY.
    Im 21 now and my current bf wants kids in the future and Im considering it. CONSIDERING IT! thats a huge step for me!
    I still cant stand touching babies but Ive started to see toddlers as cute.

I dont know whats happening to me. I guess when you hit your twenties your body is yelling at you what your ovaries are meant for.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've always thought I would have kids and always knew that my capabilities as a mother are in check and I'm pretty "natural" and handling children and babies alike. I've been around and responsible for children from a young age. It took a toll on me as a I heard about non stop complaining from the parents. Basically it scared the shit out of me.

It's just weird that "all of a sudden" I had this yearning for a child like I've never had before...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    hawaii??? and you didn't say anything early ah?

well honestly coming from a man's point of view, if i were with a girl that didn't want to have children, i would have already thought of moving onto another woman that did.

besides, i'm sure that you probably exercise and eat healthy. if not, then you're going to end up fat regardless if you have children or not. however, if you hit the gym regularly, then you'll return to your normal weight.

raverboy
    It was a romantic vacay with my guy, I wasn't about to say hey, I'm coming to your city! But yeah, it was an awesome vacay

i'm almost 9 months pregnant and i love my body right now more than any other time in my life.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

You've only gained eleven pounds.
    Spammer Spanker

i've gained more than that!

but you have to understand, i was already overweight to begin with. us mexicanas have curves.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

but you have to understand, i was already overweight to begin with. us mexicanas have curves.
    Curves are very sexy
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

Twelve, then. You look like a flaca holding a basketball. Don't try to fool me- I saw you.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast