+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice from Introvert Guys

I'm seeing a lot of Introvert = Shy on this thread. They're commonly confused, but there is a difference: Shy people don't like a lot of social contact, whereas introverts recharge by being alone. It is entirely possible to be an introvert who is not shy.

Yep cause I'm not really shy, I'm actually quite confident but your right using the word recharge. I need my alone time to gain my rest.

I think the reason for this is if you ever get close with an introvert they will give you everything they have because they are not focusing on so many people.
    Completely baffled by a backward indication
    That an inspired word will come across your tongue
    Hands moving upward to propel the situation
    Have simply halted
    And now the conversation's done

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of Introvert = Shy on this thread. They're commonly confused, but there is a difference: Shy people don't like a lot of social contact, whereas introverts recharge by being alone. It is entirely possible to be an introvert who is not shy.
    Yeah I'd agree with that also, because I'm introvert, but I'm also confident in who I am. However, I dislike a lot of social interaction and prefer 'quieter enviroments' to 'noisy and busy enviroments'...

I need time out and every once in a while, to recharge. And I tend to cut myself off and from people, but I soon spring back.
    I contradicted myself actually and because I said in a previous post, I always have time for people....but having thought about it, yes I do disappear, but I'm not gone for days or weeks, but a day, couple of days perhaps.

deleted confused
    Last edited by youlf; 18-05-10 at 11:40 PM.

Honestly even though I'm an introvert and need my alone time I don't mind having my gf around. She can be in the same room with me and it doesn't bother me. I don't know what it is about her but I find her presence totally relaxing and she is the only person I can say that about.

Even though I love my parents...I gotta get away from them. I think if your around an introvert long enough you sort of understand their need to step back from the world for a time and be alone in a quite space.

Think of it like meditation in a sense.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Thanks everyone. I guess I'll move on. Not because I can't take introverts, but probably because irregardless if the guy I like was an introvert or not, he would somehow hint at it in some way that he liked me in a way that I would know, right?

I mean I wouldn't have to wait 1 week or never to hear back from him only for me to have to email him back again to say what's up to see if he'll respond, right?

It shouldn't be this vague push and pull mystery. That's how I feel about this guy, that he is a mystery I just can't figure out.

No...he probably could have gotten back to you in that time...I mean unless there was an emergency or something...keep in mind shit comes up.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

We live in an era of technology. there are so many ways nowadays to communicate with someone that there is no excuse for him to barely talk to you. Move on girlfriend. You dont need to convince someone youre awesome to be with

Yea...I'm talkin if he was in a coma or something.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Thanks. I really wanted to believe he was talking to me and telling me something personal by saying he was an introvert, but I guess its more complicated than that. I really liked him. sigh. oh well.

Well you don't have to give up and walk away. I've chased after a few women who really weren't into me to begin with but then after awhile gave me a shot. I mean I know generally the men do the pursuing but I wouldn't give up until you feel you don't have a shot.

Certainly keep other options open and don't get your heart set on the guy. But a little flirting never hurt anybody...see where it goes.
    Have simply halted

I am the EgGmAn

Quote Originally Posted by phys251 View Post
    That's strange, Merriam-Webster's Thesaurus disagrees with you. It would be like saying that my obviously sarcastic comment (<<<) was not an insult, but was a simple statement that pointed out the flaw in your thinking. Introvert = shy and sarcasm = insult. They are synonyms of each other.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Quote Originally Posted by youlf View Post

It's interesting what people say about introverts having confident, but needing alone time to recharge, but then how do you tell people you don't mind them around you once you have recharged?
    I'm not gone for long enough for them to have noticed I disappeared, hence no explaining to do

To be honest and regardless of this introvert thing, if a guy wasn't paying me that much interest I'd let him go.
    I could easy spot the difference between a guy who wanted 'alone time' and someone who just didn't seem to have any interest whatsoever.

Maybe Introverts "appear shy" so hence that dictionary term, but inside they are just like everyone else if they are in a comfortable place. Like say a library or with close family, they can feel free to be a nerd or joke, but outside that circle they close up and are seen as introverts?

Just how, as an outsider do you break in? lol. Do I literally have to allow him to accept me, or is there a way to "flirt" that is harmless. I don't want to come right out and say "wow you are hot," and then freak the guy out. Is there a subtle way to flirt and yet not get him to close the circle on me?

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    I'm not gone for long enough for them to have noticed I disappeared, hence no explaining to do

To be honest and regardless of this introvert thing, if a guy wasn't paying me that much interest I'd let him go.
    I could easy spot the difference between a guy who wanted 'alone time' and someone who just didn't seem to have any interest whatsoever.
    Hmmm, not sure how I can tell this by just internet alone, but I believe you are right. There is a difference. I guess I was just naive into thinking we could have a chance. I think I was playing myself on that. Thanks for that advice. Thanks everyone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast