+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stereotypes and biases that I have about men/women. Maybe someone can help me out

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What a crock of shit. No one MAKES money in a divorce. Everyone loses.
    Correct Vashti in that everyone loses love, self-esteem, hope for a future full of affection.. etc.

Wrong Vashti in that the man tends to lose more money and the woman usually tends to earn money.

"but it does seem pretty caring and it does promote the general welfare of women to help liberate them from male injustice"

Bro, I am profoundly sorry and I mean no disrespect but I am flabbergasted at the amount of bullshit in your head. You have been brainwashed (for the reasons I elucidated hereinabove)... I would recommend you start travelling, see other countries on other continents, see the world with your own eyes, not through the lens of "Western" feminazi propaganda... It is only then that you will truly be able to enjoy and even love a woman. And yourself for that matter...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    Correct Vashti in that everyone loses love, self-esteem, hope for a future full of affection.. etc.

Wrong Vashti in that the man tends to lose more money and the woman usually tends to earn money.
    Tell me how that works genius, when half of x = x/50. At least, that's the way it works in the states.

Assets are split in half, but living expenses generally stay the same. That doesn't sound like a "win" to me.
    Last edited by vashti; 26-06-10 at 07:30 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I hate to be treated like a delicate flower. To me, that implies treating a woman as though she has no semblance of independence or awareness of how to care for herself.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What a weird way to ask the question. It sounds like someone's Women's Studies essay question. Or something like.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Tell me how that works genius, when half of x = x/50. At least, that's the way it works in the states.
    Except that really x =( x - lawyer's take)
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by sl9801 View Post
    I have this bias that I should just let out, and hopefully I can get some feedback on this.

Sometimes I think that women are so oppressed by patriarchy that it is therefore wrong for a man to stand up for himself and he should therefore treat a girl as a delicate flower.

Sometimes I think that men should just act dependent and weak and non confident towards girls in order to attack the system of patriarchy and pay this redemption and reparations for his participation in wrongdoing upon women.

Do you think that these beliefs reinforce or attack the system of patriarchy and gender inequality? Because obviously such behavior is usually unattractive to girls, but it does seem pretty caring and it does promote the general welfare of women to help liberate them from male injustice.
    I think Gloaria Steinem has completed her indoctrination of you successfully. Now go and cut off your balls because you obviously no longer need them. Dumbass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12