+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: She breaking up with me tonight?

Mom's are LIKE THAT. Yeah, it was a little out of line for her to tell you who to date w/o valid reason, but honestly I wouldn't say it was unusual. You're gf should have tried harder to get your mom to like her not be disrespectful. From that convo she has no regard for any of your feelings.

You don't sound like you're willing to fight for this relationship anymore. You sound done. And yes, you're too passive. I could see that in your conversation with her. You're a push-over.

Being annoyed = being bothered. Had you more of a backbone you could have laughed it off perhaps. When you told your girlfriend, you did so because you were upset. Had you approached it more lightheartedly and said something like, "My crazy mom is trying to hook me up with some other chick I don't even know. Too bad that's not going to work!" You feeling upset revealed to your girlfriend that you were having doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    You don't sound like you're willing to fight for this relationship anymore. You sound done. And yes, you're too passive. I could see that in your conversation with her. You're a push-over.

Being annoyed = being bothered. Had you more of a backbone you could have laughed it off perhaps. When you told your girlfriend, you did so because you were upset. Had you approached it more lightheartedly and said something like, "My crazy mom is trying to hook me up with some other chick I don't even know. Too bad that's not going to work!" You feeling upset revealed to your girlfriend that you were having doubts.
    Yea, I know I'm a pushover. :/

But, as far as my girlfriend, I don't have doubts about her and I. She knows that, I have told her over and over and over again how much she means to me, that I never want her out of my life, etc. No... I was upset because my mom didnt respect the relationship I had with my girlfriend, and KEPT on insisting to keep my options open. My mom went on to say everyone I have ever dated was ugly, and that they all were problems, and the girl that she was mentioning is beautiful... which lead to her saying I am intimidating by beautiful woman and settle for ugly girls like my girlfriend. ... If you are saying you would not get upset hearing your parents talk about your significant other like that, ......... ...... :/ (but no, my girlfriend doesnt know my mom said all that shit..)

Am I still willing to fight for my relationship? ... I... really don't know... I do know that I am tired of being the one who gives all the effort. I go to visit her, she doesnt go to visit me... that sort of thing.

She is upset that I want her to call all the time, send texts.. etcs.... except last summer was the exact same thing, but opposite. I was working full time (im stille working right now), and she was at home with her mom bored, and WANTED me to call her and text her all the time.... and I did. Now when it comes time for me to want to attention because I am alone in my apartment... I am being too needy.

But I also know I love her with all my heart. She is the closest girl I have ever been with, and she has taken care of me.

I guess I want to say I am willing to fight for the relationship.. but I don't want to fight for a relationship if I am the only one left caring... ...
    Last edited by TheTooya; 22-06-10 at 03:35 AM.

It seems like youre either going to be single or in a relationship where you are walkover and under appreciated. OR stick up to her! She might actually gain some respect towards you.

You were happy to oblige her when she was needy and clingy, and she's refusing to offer the same. She sounds incredibly selfish. Why do you want to be with a selfish person? Things are only going to get worse, especially since you refuse to grow a spine. Her selfish disposition combined with your soft, passive approach to relationships will be the downfall of your relationship with this chick. The distance won't help either.

But, I could be painting the wrong picture too...

I am needy, and wish she would call me everday (and she does...) But, she is working basically from either 8-5:30, or 8-2:30 then 8:30-11:30....... she does have a shit ton of work on her plate, and has been stressed out since starting. Me bugging her to call and texting her all the time has been stressing her out, and I am stupidly needy and wanting sometimes... I'm not entirely a victim here, I bug her because I want a little attention too :/

Okay, it's good that you're willing to admit to some of your own flaws. Why are you so needy then? Why do you need to hear from her every single day? Don't you have any friends, or hobbies? Fill your time with that. Don't wait around by the phone for her. Are you afraid that if you don't hear from her, that she's gonna go off and bang some other guy? If that's the root of your insecurity, then you have more personal issues than you do relationship problems.

I dunno, after work all the other interns commute back home, and then I go back home to my apartment alone. I just... like to hear her voice, and like to see her text messages..

Hobbies? I play games a bit, and like to hang out with friends. Problem is all my friends graduated college, and are really all over the state. I have a few friends in NYC, but I know they aren't free very day to hang out :p

And yea, part of me wanting to hear from her all the time was because she was going out to bars with the rest of her coworkers... every night. It was a little concerning, but now that students have started filing in (shes kind of working as a TA), they don't go to bars as often. Do I think she is cheating? Not the slightest... but do I trust other guys at bars? Nope :p

*sigh* Well, she gets off work in an hour or so, so I guess we will talk then...

Thanks for everyone that commented.

So, you're afraid that some guy is going to... what? Slip his number into her phone and then call her incessantly? You don't trust her going out. Period. You saying you don't trust the other guys is a lame excuse.

Well, I will admit I didnt like when she went out to bars every night, but she did call me, which made me feel a lot better. And the fact that she was going with coworkers made it a lot better too. In realty, I know shes not the type of girl that would cheat, and I do trust her. When we were both in college she would go out all the time, and I was ok with it, I still am.

I just... like hearing her call me.... Is that so strange? ._.

I like knowing that she thinks about me from time to time... aka I am insecure I guess, I know, I get it
    Last edited by TheTooya; 22-06-10 at 04:37 AM.

Normally I would say that mothers ruin relationships and you should set your mother straight, but it sounds like mommy's right this time.

Meh, well I still dont feel like listening to my moms opinion on relationships. She is the type that is never happy with who her son is dating, so I've stopped caring as much...

Also, she does not know about my gfs bitchy side :/

Wouldn't you rather her want to call you, instead of forcing her to talk to you all the time, just to ease your insecurities? She obviously has other things she wants to do and doesn't want to babysit her phone all the time. That's understandable. Are you going to help by finding some other things to do? So, every friend isn't available every day of the week. People are busy. You should try making plans with people in advance. Fill up your week. Then you won't be so concerned about whether or not you hear from her, and when she does call, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

I mean, recently that what I did... thats why I was so confused why she was getting upset with me...

Wednesday hung out with friends, saw Karate Kid
    Thursday met a family friend for dinner
    Friday helped my friends move in
    Saturday hung out with friends again, saw Toy Story 3 (OMG! WATCH IT)... this is the day I accidently let the fight w mom slip
    Sunday slept... talked with girlfriend a little...

I mean, I have been keeping myself busy.

Also, I did get a little upset with my gf about a week ago. I was ont he phone with her and asked if she wanted to get on skype, she said "sure I will be there right after I send this email." So I go to my computer, wait a bit... fall asleep at desk, call her an hour later and found out she forgot about me. She was upset, I was upset... etc... and when she got back she insisted she wanted to call me on skype... but she was too drunk to really talk or do much, and fell asleep talking to me. ... ...

Idk the phone thing is starting to get to be a pain in the ass. I'll just not expect to hear her call, and I won't call her (since shes doing her own thing..)

Done deal.

Also LOL to the first "similar thread" topic below It makes me smile ^_^

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast