+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How long for engagement?

Hiya. I have been with my fella for nearly 5 years & he still hasnt asked me yet! I am not sure if i want to marry him at the min!

Ha ha about the nose picking and bed wetting! I can't believe her husband was wetting the bed!!

Sounds like most people seem to think 2yrs at least. I personally think my friend rushed into her engagement and I questioned her about it when her fiance first took her to look at rings before he proposed. She just responded that it felt right, he is kind to her and she has realised that she probably won't find anyone better than him. He is a nice guy but I guess she really just 'settled', as she wants to have a baby.

My partner and I have been living together for 1 1/2 yrs after having a 2yr long distance relationship and we are still finding things out about each other! Some days I feel we are great and well matched and then other days I feel we are drifting apart, as we both have a lot of hobbies but not really anything in common that we love doing together! We make an effort to do some things together but we don't really love what each other does or hobbies that we talk about!

Relationships are never perfect so I guess you just have to listen to your instinct and work out what you want yourself as cmacatattack said.

I once read somewhere, that if a man hasn't proposed to you within 2 years, he's unlikely ever too. Of course there will be exceptions to that.

In all honesty, I don't think I'd ever get married again.

oh no dont say that! lol

Yeah, hope that's not true! Can see how that could be true though. Most people I know have proposed or been proposed to at about the 3yr mark whether they have been living together or not.

brit_chick25, have you talked about marriage with your partner? Why aren't sure about marrying him at the moment? Thanks

Thanks for all the great posts, any more??

Hiya EnjoyingLife. No i havnt spoke to him yet. If you read my post on hear then you will see why i am not sure about marriage. Its called I dont know what to do?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brit_chick25 View Post
    Hiya EnjoyingLife. No i havnt spoke to him yet. If you read my post on hear then you will see why i am not sure about marriage. Its called I dont know what to do?

Thanks
    You mention marriage is something you have never talked about, that he's never proposed to you.

How is he supposed to know what you want and if you don't mention it?

I think the trouble with some of us women, is we tend to think that the guys are 'mind readers' and we just expect them to know what it is we want.

Saying that, I'm unsure you should marry your guy and due to the way things are. A ring doesn't and wouldn't solve the problems.

My GF and I are talking about getting engaged - we've been together one month. I'm absolutely crazy for her and goin with the flow.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My parents got engaged after a couple of months. Thirty years later, still happily married.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    You mention marriage is something you have never talked about, that he's never proposed to you.

I think the trouble with some of us women, is we tend to think that the guys are 'mind readers' and we just expect them to know what it is we want.

Saying that, I'm unsure you should marry your guy and due to the way things are. A ring doesn't and wouldn't solve the problems.

He knows that i wanted to get married as i tould him, but i am not proposing to him. I am traditional & think the man should ask the lady.

Quote Originally Posted by brit_chick25 View Post
    He knows that i wanted to get married as i tould him, but i am not proposing to him. I am traditional & think the man should ask the lady.
    EnjoyingLife: brit_chick25, have you talked about marriage with your partner? Why aren't sure about marrying him at the moment? Thanks...
    brit_chick25: Hiya EjoyingLife. No i havnt spoke to him yet.
    It seemed to me ^^ that you were saying you hadn't discussed marriage with your partner.

But regardless, I'm traditional too. But there is a big difference between dropping hints and actually asking a guy to marry you. I'd never ask a guy either in any relationship of mine, but I would drop hints...like uhm, look at the rings in the jewellers shop and if we were shopping together

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    My GF and I are talking about getting engaged - we've been together one month. I'm absolutely crazy for her and goin with the flow.
    So you think she's the 'one'?

Well in that case, why rush?

If she's the one why not wait a couple of years, because if she is truly the one, she will still be around...won't she?

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post

Yeah me 2 & i have gave him loads of hints lol.

I guess sometimes it doesn't matter how long you've been together. Maybe it just involves knowing what you both want, hard work and a bit of luck that you both want to make it work even after 50yrs! Sometimes it's out of your hands if you're trying and the man/woman isn't. It takes 2 and if one stops trying then the other will get worn out and eventually give up!

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I watched my boyfriend get changed the other day and he dropped his shirt on the floor. He picked it up a minute later and said, "I should put this where it belongs." And he hung it back in the closet. My jaw nearly hit the floor.
    seriously, where did you find this guy!?! i want one
    the love you take is equal to the love you make

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast