+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I made a big mistake... what do I do?

I just felt like confronting her like that is essentially like cornering her actually.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh no, I'm not suggesting confronting her at all. If you re-read my post, I'm saying you should describe your discomfort as entirely from you. That YOU are uncomfortable with being too emotionally intimate with someone who has a BF. Do you know "I" statements? Use those.

EDIT - okay, I suppose I should have said 'confront the issue', not her. You know what I mean now, I think.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Well, she needs to be cornered. She's going to go along with this situation for as long as you let her, especially know that she knows you have feelings for her.

Do you know why kids cry? They cry because they know that if they keep it up, someone will come and fix the problem for them. Being kids, it is generally up to the adult or parent to come to their aid. After years of babysitting, I noted that if a kid falls down and he/she knows that you saw, they will start crying. If you pretend you hadn't noticed, they generally learn to self-soothe and pick up and start playing again right away.

She is the child, you are the parent. She should have found potential ways to help herself if the situation was that bad, instead of crying on the nearest available shoulder and expecting sympathy. Is she anywhere between 18-21 by chance?

You made it sound like I should make her pick between myself or him. I didn't want to put her through that. I understand though that by wording it as "I'm not comfortable" will make her think on her own about it.

Yes she is lahnnabell.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
    I didn't want to put her through that. I understand though that by wording it as "I'm not comfortable" will make her think on her own about it.
    :thumbs up:

You got it. The rest is her choice and what your own self-respect is prepared to tolerate.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Alright. First off, you gotta calm down. You freaked out isn't gonna help. And second, if it seems like she has feelings for you, talk to her. Tell her what you told us and go from there. If it works out, great. If it doesn't, at least you tried, and didn't wait until like 50 years down the road when she's married and has kids off to college you know?

i'm sorry but i dont think she has feelings for you. if she did. she would have ditched her bf and went with you, not try to cheat on her bf atm.
    but seriously, what does her bf think? i would never refuse to help my girl if she needed it and i would definitely hate to know she's leaving in a single bedroom place with another guy. you have to tell her it's not right and that if she really likes you, then leave her bf and you guys can try and work it out.
    Within you I lose myself. Without you I find myself wanting to become lost again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12