+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't let go of my ex, i'm dying inside.

I bet you want her because she made you crazy (not in a good way) and got your adrenaline going. Now you are just a straight up adrenaline junkie and the new girl hasn't messed with you or evoked that in you. Not her fault. Just realize it is chemically related like nicotine or alcohol and you are going through a chemical withdrawal. Maybe you should not have a girlfriend for the first year of "sobriety". Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    I bet you want her because she made you crazy (not in a good way) and got your adrenaline going. Now you are just a straight up adrenaline junkie and the new girl hasn't messed with you or evoked that in you. Not her fault. Just realize it is chemically related like nicotine or alcohol and you are going through a chemical withdrawal. Maybe you should not have a girlfriend for the first year of "sobriety". Ha!
    This. And, OP, I know what you mean. Been through it myself recently.

You have to recognize this as something unhealthy and undesirable and stop it.

It's not love, it's an unhealthy co-dependency.

Tell her not to contact you anymore and don't contact her if you want to get healthy.

Start appreciating your girlfriend more too or let her go. It's unfair to her that you're still pining for your ex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12