+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting over someone you work with 5 nights a week?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMardegan View Post
    She then told me again "you're a really great guy, I do like you, I wish things were different".
    She was just trying to reject you in her own little nice way regardless if you felt hurt or not. If she was a real friend she wouldn't have lead you on like that in the first place knowing you would get hurt by the rejection. If you want to remain friends with her then here's a test for you. Let's her ex comes walking in with her and he kisses her right in front of you. Would you be cool with that? Would that hurt? Be honest now. You can probably wait forever thinking a door may be still open. I did that already wasting 4 long years hoping she would get back with me but I be damn if I'm going to waste another 4 years of my life when there are plenty of other women who will not lead you on to nothing because they don't know exactly what they want themselves. Don't hold your breath forever letting other good women pass you by just move on. If she is put in a position to choose between you and her ex you could get lucky or it may even back fire on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Konart View Post
    You're not an idiot because you still want to have a friendship with that person. I'm still friends with all my ex boyfriends. This girl is nuts because you seem to be such a nice, caring person who wanted nothing but to enjoy her company and get to know her better outside of work. Her loss, if you ask me. As for keeping a friendship, it's truly up to her. I'd keep treating her how you had been treating her just as friends while you work. Be aware, though, that your feelings might get in the way while you're trying to transform from "liking her" mode to "friendship" mode. So when that happens, have the strength to bite your tongue and realize it is what it is. But if she keeps treating you like shit while you're only trying to be a friend, then cut her loose. She isn't worth your time.

Good luck... I hope all works well for you.
    Thanks a lot for this. I am that guy, too nice but probably a pushover moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymax View Post
    She was just trying to reject you in her own little nice way regardless if you felt hurt or not. If she was a real friend she wouldn't have lead you on like that in the first place knowing you would get hurt by the rejection. If you want to remain friends with her then here's a test for you. Let's her ex comes walking in with her and he kisses her right in front of you. Would you be cool with that? Would that hurt? Be honest now. You can probably wait forever thinking a door may be still open. I did that already wasting 4 long years hoping she would get back with me but I be damn if I'm going to waste another 4 years of my life when there are plenty of other women who will not lead you on to nothing because they don't know exactly what they want themselves. Don't hold your breath forever letting other good women pass you by just move on. If she is put in a position to choose between you and her ex you could get lucky or it may even back fire on you.
    To be honest I'd be hurt.

I see what you mean. I think I'm just in denial about the whole thing.

Here's a quick tip..get another female friend who knows what they want not confused. After 4 long years I'm very happy I finally met someone who treats me with much more respect and we both share the same common goals. We both know what we want and we can give that to each other. That's the key...you got to open up and find a woman who is more direct with you ( like I did)..no guessing games (waste of time). Those type of women are out there trust me. You want more answers than guesses. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Roymax; 11-10-10 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roymax View Post
    Here's a quick tip..get another female friend who knows what they want not confused. After 4 long years I'm very happy I finally met someone who treats me with much more respect and we both share the same common goals. We both know what we want and we can give that to each other. That's the key...you got to open up and find a woman who is more direct with you ( like I did)..no guessing games (waste of time). Those type of women are out there trust me. You want more answers than guesses. Hope this helps
    Yeah it does help.

Thanks a lot everyone.
    Haven't talked to her in a few days but have been thinking of her. I'll see her tonight in work, just gotta see how it goes.

I'll update this if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12