+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friends to More-than-friends. Need advice on how to go about this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlurJur View Post
    Thanks Applesauce. But, as I am the 20 year old virgin and we are both Christians, I'm thinking it would play out less as a "lets f***" and more as a "relationship" (not in the super-serious let's get hitched way, but like... dating?)
    But what is 'dating' - surely that's friends plus a physical relationship? So where do you draw the line in a physical relationship? Kissing? Feeling each other up? Oral? Full sex?
    I'm an atheist so I believe that Christians are a bit repressed. What is wrong with having a physical relationship? Making love with someone is a sign of love. What is wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by SlurJur View Post
    Scenarios:
    1- Both get drunk enough and I make a physical move... see where that leads.
    2- Wait til we are alone... car, restaurant, etc. and bring up how I feel. See how he feels. Let him know it's not pressure, I just have to get it off my chest and feel like I'm being dishonest by not saying anything. See where that goes.

Pros/Cons about the scenarios? I'm definitely not able to think this through in a constructive way. (Or, rather, any other scenarios. Ha. Lets talk details.)
    If you truely are a christian virgin, I don't see 1 even being an option. 1 is awkward, it's starts any "relationship" off on a bad note really, one of the power you have as a woman is that he hasn't f*cked you yet. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but in a relationship a guy will normally be more eager and interested if you haven't got laid yet. If you go and make a physical move, you may have sex. If you don't, that's the end of it (friendship too), if you do he'll probably just view it as a one night stand or something. 1 is a bad option in general.

2 is good, or any variation. Any half decent guy will understand. If he does, maybe that'll start something, or he'll be gentlemanly enough to keep on being friends. If he's not a decent guy then it would never have been worth it anyway.

And for 2, try and get him on his own. Men are more honest, especially away from their friends. But make it face-to-face, for obvious reasons.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12