+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do rebounds work?

oops, thanks Vashti I didn't see this post My mistake!
    I don't know why the OP left this very important piece of information out?

Quote Originally Posted by dan2k7 View Post
    We dated for 3 years and we have a 2 year old son together. I suppose its difficult to judge until the honeymoon phase has ended between them.
    I should point out that I am not concerned about her moving on, but more about my son's welfare if the relationship goes nowhere and this man is just one of many to meet and eventually walk away.
    Dude I'm sorry I missed this post but wouldn't you think your son
    should have been mentioned in your OP?

Your son's directly affected by these coming and going relationships and if this trend
    should continue throughout his development he needs to be taken away from her before he
    learns this is how to be: with multiple partners without commitments and without stability.

It doesn't matter if the thought of a single mother can be "daunting."
    She has a child which should be priority #1 . How can she be meeting these men
    and going out with them -when she has a baby? This isn't right. She should have thought
    about this before splitting with the OP -no matter who's fault it is.
    A baby needs a safe, secure and stable environment with both mother and father.

Even though it's wrong Sookie6 is spot on with the last line especially.
    Women can grab hold of a man because she knows he could be a meal ticket of some kind
    and many will overlook other issues that she didn't see -hence the constant dating cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    oops, thanks Vashti I didn't see this post My mistake!
    I don't know why the OP left this very important piece of information out?

Dude I'm sorry I missed this post but wouldn't you think your son
    should have been mentioned in your OP?

Your son's directly affected by these coming and going relationships and if this trend
    should continue throughout his development he needs to be taken away from her before he
    learns this is how to be: with multiple partners without commitments and without stability.

It doesn't matter if the thought of a single mother can be "daunting."
    She has a child which should be priority #1 . How can she be meeting these men
    and going out with them -when she has a baby? This isn't right. She should have thought
    about this before splitting with the OP -no matter who's fault it is.
    A baby needs a safe, secure and stable environment with both mother and father.

Even though it's wrong Sookie6 is spot on with the last line especially.
    Women can grab hold of a man because she knows he could be a meal ticket of some kind
    and many will overlook other issues that she didn't see -hence the constant dating cycle.
    I should have put about my son in the first post, I thought I had but obviously not. Don't get me wrong this may not be a relationship which comes and goes so quickly, but the fact that she is moving out of her parents house to potentially start living with this man is worrying me a lot. I know nothing about him, simply that he is an ex of hers and it is not right that she should continue to deceive me about my own son's potential welfare. I am not sure about the laws in the states but if I go to court I could end up losing some of the contact time I enjoy at the moment hence my reluctance to go down this route at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by dan2k7 View Post
    I should have put about my son in the first post, I thought I had but obviously not. Don't get me wrong this may not be a relationship which comes and goes so quickly, but the fact that she is moving out of her parents house to potentially start living with this man is worrying me a lot. I know nothing about him, simply that he is an ex of hers and it is not right that she should continue to deceive me about my own son's potential welfare. I am not sure about the laws in the states but if I go to court I could end up losing some of the contact time I enjoy at the moment hence my reluctance to go down this route at the moment

I don't mean any offense here.
    Your son is serious business and I could only imagine how you are feeling...

Still, you need to write everything down, take pictures of each man (which shows a history) of being in relationships.
    Save text messages, I mean this is your son we're talking about.

If she gets drunk, take pictures of empty bottles.
    You have a right to know who this guy is and what his intentions are period.
    If they argue fight and yell: record it. I mean a little boy growing up in this kind of environment leads to a horrible prognosis.
    If you don't get involved, you may not be given a choice IF she seeks full custody from under you.

What are you withholding that could be damaging to your case should you go to court?
    You can easily show how of an unfit mother she is with evidence or with you/your mom or dad as a witness.

Are you saying that the mother always gets full custody in your state/province?

If so then I'm sorry man...This isn't going to end up well for your son.
    Hopefully this relationship lasts but perhaps you should meet with your ex: and open up dialogue with her...
    And maybe you can help her with why she has so many failed relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    I don't mean any offense here.
    Your son is serious business and I could only imagine how you are feeling...

Still, you need to write everything down, take pictures of each man (which shows a history) of being in relationships.
    Save text messages, I mean this is your son we're talking about.

If she gets drunk, take pictures of empty bottles.
    You have a right to know who this guy is and what his intentions are period.
    If they argue fight and yell: record it. I mean a little boy growing up in this kind of environment leads to a horrible prognosis.
    If you don't get involved, you may not be given a choice IF she seeks full custody from under you.

What are you withholding that could be damaging to your case should you go to court?
    You can easily show how of an unfit mother she is with evidence or with you/your mom or dad as a witness.

Are you saying that the mother always gets full custody in your state/province?

If so then I'm sorry man...This isn't going to end up well for your son.
    Hopefully this relationship lasts but perhaps you should meet with your ex: and open up dialogue with her...
    And maybe you can help her with why she has so many failed relationships.
    Again I am not sure about the laws in the states but taking pictures of individuals without their permission can land you in trouble. Like I said there is no indication that she is with anyone else, simply trying to regain a sense or normality by engaging in this relationship with her ex. If I knew that they were arguing and yelling I would happily record it but her new home when she moves in will be hers. I can't exactly 'bug' the place when I pop round to collect my son. In the UK, the mother is generally favoured over the father. The courts will 99% of the time grant a residence or custody order to the mother but again the majority of the time they will order regular contact with the father.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12