Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your favourite book...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I like Harry Potter.
    My love lesson advices page
    http://www.noonhost.com/loveconnection.htm

the never ending story , by Michael Ende, and Momo ( I hope itīs the same title in english )

and now I really like all the books from Harry potter, think im obssesed ,

al i also liked very much the books of The lord of the rings, The Davinci code, and loads of book, but i juts canīt remember

it's a tie between two books, can i bring two???

Melaine Rawn's Exile's series
    Ruins of Ambrai and The Mageborn Traitor

Now if the third was completed then I would say Captal's Tower. But since it is in the early stages i can't.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hada
    the never ending story , by Michael Ende, and Momo ( I hope itīs the same title in english )

and now I really like all the books from Harry potter, think im obssesed ,

al i also liked very much the books of The lord of the rings, The Davinci code, and loads of book, but i juts canīt remember

Neverending Story is a great one, I remember watching the movie when I was a little kid, and my mom had actually bought me the actual book. I don't remember much of it though...

Last edited by misombra; 27-01-05 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbee
    I know this is an obvious thread but don't reckon we've had it yet so...

If you were going to a desert island and were only allowed to take one book with you, what would you take & why?
    Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles ... And im not cheating since you can get it in a single book version. It's huge. Hehehe

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
    Harry Potter Series

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose
    Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles ... And im not cheating since you can get it in a single book version. It's huge. Hehehe
    oh yes! anne rice is fab. Pandora is my all time fave so far. I have a bunch of the books.

ok i'm real lame. i have 2 bookcases in my bedroom. I'm getting close to needing another, yet there is no space. hmm maybe wall shelves.

Since christmas I have finished 4 books already. I'm still awed at how i do it.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Assuming I'm stuck on the island with an attractive young female...

Quote Originally Posted by hallanole
    oh yes! anne rice is fab. Pandora is my all time fave so far. I have a bunch of the books.

ok i'm real lame. i have 2 bookcases in my bedroom. I'm getting close to needing another, yet there is no space. hmm maybe wall shelves.

Since christmas I have finished 4 books already. I'm still awed at how i do it.
    Pandora is awesome but I am more a Lestat fan. I know everyone loves him but I just get a kick out of him... Marius as well. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Neverending Story is a great one, I remember watching the movie when I was a little kid, and my mom had actually bought me the actual book. I don't remember much of it though...
    i hate the film.. itīs so.. there`s so much in the book that the film is really bad

and about Harry Potter, The 3rd film was the worst.. they keep on changing things
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

I live in capital of small Central European state Slovakia,Bratislava. My country is since first May member state of European Union.
    I've read many books and it's difficult for me to choose one as the best one. Most touching book I read was Doctor Zhivago from Russian exile writer Boris Pasternak. During comunist era it was banned in Eastern bloc as I heard. Exists also movie but it's not comparable with book. Movie is very confusing and in my opinion describes all in for me very questionable, distorting way. I like books of Frederick Forsyth, Arthur Hailey and Mario Puzo and also Czech exile writers Milan Kundera and Skvorecky.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by darwinian
    I've read many books and it's difficult for me to choose one as the best one. Most touching book I read was Doctor Zhivago from Russian exile writer Boris Pasternak. During comunist era it was banned in Eastern bloc as I heard. Exists also movie but it's not comparable with book. Movie is very confusing and in my opinion describes all in for me very questionable, distorting way. I like books of Frederick Forsyth, Arthur Hailey and Mario Puzo and also Czech exile writers Milan Kundera and Skvorecky.
    My question is...why do are your posts so damn wide?

Either "Mute" by piers anthony or "The Trial" by Franz Kafka (many people read "The Metamorphisis" by him in high school)

Mute - Sci-Fi

The Trial - Hard to put in a category, maybe drama/suspense?

Alexi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12