+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you guys able to just be friends with a girl?

lol trust me, its possible to be friends...ignore others. Yes there are TONS of situations where they can't remain so but that isn't always the case. I have plenty of attractive(VERY attractive in my opinion) female friends and I might make a playful comment or two but I don't go beyond it if I can help it.

Sorry, but no man just ever wanted to be my 'friend', married or not.

Except for my most recent ex that is and that is all it is, a friendship.

I think the last time that I really, honestly just wanted to be friends with a girl, without any sexual interest in her at all... was in grade school.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy01 View Post
    Okay well I'm one of the girls who thinks she's pretty average actually. I know I'm not ugly and need to cover my head or something. Both men and women say I'm goodlooking (not to be a snob, it's what you asked and what people told me), but I think I'm just normal. It's not that I don't get attention. I've mentioned before that I'm pretty blind when it comes to picking up signals. But these are all guys that are attached. Not that this explains anything, but it is possible to just have fun without wanting to get a girl into bed if there's already one laying in it.
    Is it possible, well sure.
    Is it possible that I could win the lottery? Exactly.

if you're blind when it comes to picking up signals then it stands to reason you just
    won't know for sure when and if a male friend is attracted to you.
    Confident guys make it known, the insecure one's? Well, eh no.

The truth is in the truest sense of a quote:
    "A women views a man as someone who they just haven't *yet* had sex with."

Not the exception, it's the rule.
    The exception is you and your unassuming naivety.

My best friend is a woman. She's also my wife.

That said, I HAVE had good friends that were female, that I've never slept with, nor wanted to, and not just the less-attractive ones. I'm odd though. Brains and personality are more interesting to me than ephemeral beauty, and physically I tend to go for women that are other than Hollywood cookie-cutter pretty.

I love how every other post is a total contradiction to the one above it. XD

but yeah seriously...friend = possibility.

to be honest
    if she's to good looking then its a hard one..
    i will develope feelings for her in a long time..
    so i try to avoid beeing friends with one..
    theres accually 1 girl wich is also good looking wich i can be friends with.
    but i know her for more then a year now.
    i liked her before be she rejected me.
    but in the end she's my only girl friend wich i am this close with as friends.

sadie_genie Guest
    Can guys and girls just be friends? Yes. Can guys not want more than just being friends? Yes but not if she's attractive. The reason I think guys and girls can be friends is that there are other factors that might hinder them from getting together. The guy or the girl might be more interested in someone else even though the friend is attractive as well. Or, maybe one or both are too scared to take it to the next level for fear of losing contact or for whatever other reasons.

As for your guyfriends who flirt with you but are attached probably have some kind of attraction for you but again, men are horny and you are not that special just because they are attracted to you. They are attached to their girlfriends and would choose them over you for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by SelflessnHumble View Post
    The truth is in the truest sense of a quote:
    "A women views a man as someone who they just haven't *yet* had sex with."

Not the exception, it's the rule.
    The exception is you and your unassuming naivety.
    I know I can be a bit gullable, and yes there's the teasing however I still think it's possible even with the teasing/flirting to just remain friends with guys. Okay maybe there is a possibility that they would like more then that, but I've known these guys for a while now. IF they wanted more they sure as hell wouldn't wait this long to cash in right? And yet they still stick around, now there aren't a lot of guys that could be bothered enough to try and fail time and time again, right? If I haven't noticed their 'attempts' then why would they bother to hang out with me? Could it just be that they just like my company as much as I like theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    My best friend is a woman. She's also my wife.

That said, I HAVE had good friends that were female, that I've never slept with, nor wanted to, and not just the less-attractive ones. I'm odd though. Brains and personality are more interesting to me than ephemeral beauty, and physically I tend to go for women that are other than Hollywood cookie-cutter pretty.
    Does that mean that all of your friends (at this moment) are male? Since you're married you probably wouldn't hang out with different women, but there must be some women who you can just get along with on a friendly level?

I know I can be a bit gullable, and yes there's the teasing however I still think it's possible even with the teasing/flirting to just remain friends with guys. Okay maybe there is a possibility that they would like more then that, but I've known these guys for a while now. IF they wanted more they sure as hell wouldn't wait this long to cash in right? And yet they still stick around, now there aren't a lot of guys that could be bothered enough to try and fail time and time again, right? If I haven't noticed their 'attempts' then why would they bother to hang out with me? Could it just be that they just like my company as much as I like theirs?
    Do you tease your female friends in a sexual way? Do you think that most men tease each other in a sexual way?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Tedel Guest
    Yes, I can be friends with a girl... which doesn't mean I won't stare at her legs, boobs or butt now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    Do you tease your female friends in a sexual way? Do you think that most men tease each other in a sexual way?
    Well no, I don't. I've read all the messages and if I believed it all then basically every male friend I have is trying to get me into bed or at least wants to know he can have me if he wanted to. Does that sum it up? Yes I tease and they tease once in a while, but they want me around them for months eventhough I'm not going for it? Makes no sence. There aren't a lot of guys that would keep trying if they knew it had no effect. Maybe I am the very VERY rare exception. Or maybe you're all right and I'm completely and utterly clueless. You're all starting to make me doubt everything. Not a bad thing, but not sure if it's a good thing either

@DonMax

'theres accually 1 girl wich is also good looking wich i can be friends with.
    i liked her before be she rejected me.'

So, that's a yes and a no then. Yes you can be friends, but you wanted her and she rejected you so it's a no as well?

Does that mean that all of your friends (at this moment) are male? Since you're married you probably wouldn't hang out with different women, but there must be some women who you can just get along with on a friendly level?
    Hah... no. You've got it backwards. I have had female friends that were just friends. Not always, but it has happened. Right now, I have several female friends, most of whom are the wives or significant others of other friends, but at least one that's single and just a friend... though she was a ****-buddy a long time ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast