+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you know when you're in the "Friend Zone"

uh no he friend zoned me. I believe his words were... "I like you. I think you funny and smart, but I like where we are as friends. I want to keep things the way they are."

Minus pointing to a zone to sit in I think that's the exact definition of being friend zoned.

Should I think otherwise? His words seem as clear as glass to me.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_Dreams View Post
    *shakes head* Wow, seriously, you are providing a perfect example of what I'm talking about, both of you.

You say you want a "nice guy". You find a "nice guy" who acts "friendly". Now you think you're in the friend zone because he acts nice and friendly. What was I just saying about men who act too nice or friendly? They don't cultivate attraction. lolol

Thanks.

/thread
    I don't have a clue what you are meaning.

I know the guy in question just sees me a friend. if it was more, he'd be doing something about it....he's only had 3 years to do something.
    I don't assume I'm in the friendzone and because I'm too nice....I assume I'm in it and because he quite simply isn't, physically or sexually attracted....end of.

I don't assume I'm in the friendzone and because I'm too nice....
    I never said girls end up in the friend-zone for being too nice.

Girls up in the friend-zone if they're overweight.

I aint overweight either....so that isn't the reason.

We end up in the friendzone and for the same reason guys do which I've explained.

Quote Originally Posted by seganomics View Post
    Girls who don't respect themselves are attracted to men who don't respect them. If a girl is confidient and comfortable with herself she wants a man who is going to treat her the same way... not like garbage.
    I'm not sure to what extent that is true. Are you saying that confident women are not attracted to abusive guys by definition? I know several alpha females that prove you wrong

The trouble with some guys is, is that can't stand the thoughts of being 'rejected' or that they are not good enough for a female....

So they concoct all sorts of excuses and reasons, as to why a girl may not be interested....ie: 'I'm too friendly'...etc, etc and rather than have to face the truth.

I've even seen guys go as far as saying, that a certain female must be a 'lesbian' and because she didn't fancy him...

Anything...but to face the TRUTH!!...LOLOL

if they stay in an abusive relationship they do not respect themselves. Once a man reveals that side of his personality if they don't haul ass out of there then no matter how "alpha" they appear that do NOT respect themselves.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

You said we think we're in the friend zone. We didn't ask why were in the friendzone we were letting you know we didn't pull that conclusion out our backsides.

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    If I am attracted to a guy, I like that we can be friends and that he is a friendly person. That is what I want in a mate....a man who can be my lover and also my 'best friend'.

Maybe I'm just different to other women...
    I think you are very different indeed, in a good way though. If all women shared your ideas, I don't believe I'd be single.
    You'll become very happy if you meet a guy that shares your same beliefs and is also attracted to you.
    You're looking for a guy that you don't find around every corner though. Have there been any men that met your expectations in your life so far?

Well I figured you were pulling it form your backsides, cuz you pulled everything else you said in this thread from there.

Well I figured you were pulling it form your backsides, cuz you pulled everything else you said in this thread from there.
    The only things we've said is that a guy is not autmomatically thrown in the friendzone for being nice. And discussion there of.

There are many reasons people are there. I don't think it's too far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by MynameisJesus View Post
    I think you are very different indeed, in a good way though. If all women shared your ideas, I don't believe I'd be single.
    You'll become very happy if you meet a guy that shares your same beliefs and is also attracted to you.
    You're looking for a guy that you don't find around every corner though. Have there been any men that met your expectations in your life so far?
    I don't think I am 'that' different to other women though. The majority of 'normal' women I would imagine, would be looking for 'exactly' what I am - which is a nice, decent guy for whom they have both a physical and sexual attraction and a guy they get along with on all levels, a guy who can be her 'everything' and yeah, that includes 'best friend'..........Why would we be looking for any different??

Why on earth would we be looking for men who disrespect us, beat us up, treat us like shit, who won't be our friend and who we can't be friends with...?????

No woman wants ^^^^ that kind of man.

But you will get women who will accept this kind of man and that behaviour and because she has no self worth whatsoever and she doesn't think she is worthy of anything more.

Like I said in another thread, I won't be the first woman on the planet to have gone from friends to lovers and with a man for whom initially I was both physically and sexually attracted too.
    Lots of relationship have began with 'friendship' first - supposedly they are the best type of relationships to have!

But in order for it to go from 'friends to lovers', (at least for me and lots of other women I'd assume), there has to an attraction and from when you first laid eyes on the guy....

It wouldn't have gone from 'friends' to lovers' with him and if there had been no physical/sexual attraction on my part.....he'd have gone in the 'friendzone' and remained there for life...
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 30-01-11 at 12:11 AM.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....typical. First sign of defeat is when one resorts to insulting....

If you can't take the truth from WOMEN, you don't have to read...

lol Little girl I am engaged.

I stopped falling for all the little girl mindtricks when I graduated highschool. Sorry.

You might mislead other men but as for me, I am not fooled.

lol Little girl I am engaged.
    LOL, little girl? You are talking to a WOMAN my dear...

Can I ask how old you are?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast