+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it really take money to have a good time with my girlfriend?

She sounds like a prize bitch. My GF knows I have very little money and it's not a problem for her. If she nitpicks now it's probably because she's not a nice person

Quote Originally Posted by xxazurexx View Post
    Well, they aren't married....they are dating, BIG difference. He's talking of having money with which to entertain her, not whining about having money to pay household bills, the insurance for the car, school meals for the kids, etc, etc...In a few more years he could be more financially secure. We are talking 'NOW' not the 'FUTURE'....

No guy ever spent fortunes on me but we always managed to have a good time. I could happily sit in pig shit and with a guy I was in love with.

Sure yeah, lack of money can be a problem in an actual relationship/marrige where they live together because YES, there is far more financial responsibility in a cohabitation/marriage.
    Didnt see the part where he said they were in high school, my bad. in that case shes not in love.

obviously i think a lot of the posters here agree, in a serious relationship where marriage is on the agenda then financial security is a factor in choosing a partner.

Quote Originally Posted by GK001 View Post
    Didnt see the part where he said they were in high school, my bad. in that case shes not in love.

obviously i think a lot of the posters here agree, in a serious relationship where marriage is on the agenda then financial security is a factor in choosing a partner.
    That isn't what OP asked and he isn't in a serious relationship with marriage on the agenda. That is a whole different discussion^^

He's dating some girl and he'd like the cash to take her places because she's bored of doing same old things. Does she work I wonder? Why doesn't she pay for something and if she's bored. Why is it always the guy expected to fork out his cash? I know guys like to treat, it's a 'man' thing, but if I was with a guy who was in financial difficulties, I'd help him out....in fact I have helped a partner out before. I'm not a greedy, selfish person and am probably more a 'giver' than a 'taker'.
    Last edited by xxazurexx; 16-02-11 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    She sounds like a prize bitch. My GF knows I have very little money and it's not a problem for her. If she nitpicks now it's probably because she's not a nice person
    AGREE for once.

If she wants to be treated like the Queen of Sheba....find a frigging oil sheik!! LOL

There has been plenty of times where I had money to do whatever I wanted with somebody but we were just content with laying around and goofing off.

There have also been times where I have had no money and been broken up with because of it. And of course times where I had money and got broken up with. So you see, it's not about having money to take her out. While its nice and is fun, it doesn't matter in the short term sense- in that if she's getting bored with you, nothing you can buy her will make her more entertained. She may stay if you keep buying things, but that's another topic.

My boyfriend and I are both in high school, and we have tons of fun doing random silly things as dates or activities for us. Something as small as watching a movie, having intimate time together, to even joining the wrestling team together (it's quite fun and makes the intimacy more fun)! This weekend he is cooking us dinner, instead of going out to a restaurant. We try to keep it fun by joking around and not doing the same thing day after day, we vary it up! Just don't get stuck in the same boring routine, and don't spend all your time together. Maybe only call on the days you don't get to see her, and try new, inexpensive things to do on the days you do get to go out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12