+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlfriend dumped me, need advice

For the most part, I think you've done very well man but you have to be careful with what she's doing. If she needs space, she needs to take that space, she shouldn't be pulling and pushing you away whenever she wants you around or wants to be alone. That's not fair to you, if it continues like that it's going to take a toll on YOU. Just be careful and pay attention bro.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to continue to treat it as a break up, even though I'm so confused with what happened at her place on Sunday I can't even begin to wrap my head around it, she is probably as confused as I am, which is why she kissed me more than once on Sunday. I haven't heard from her again in a couple of days and find its much easier to cope if there is no contact at all. And I know no contact is better for the situation as a whole, it means she is also truly taking the space she needs to work herself out.

The only mistake I made was texting her the night after the confusion to see how she was, and to thank her for Sunday, but since it was so close to the Sunday it won't be a communication screw up.

That said, part of me does hope that all she does need is the time and comes back, and the other half hopes that I can find it in me to move on, even though she has given me every reason to wait for her.
    Last edited by Cerby; 07-04-11 at 12:22 AM.

My last dilemma of this situation arises, so a little input would be great.

Since Sunday, we haven't talked other than a few texts Monday night. When we did coffee on Sunday, she indicated she wanted to see me on her Birthday, but I didn't schedule anything because of I don't think we should be hanging out right now (originally she thought I should come out with her and her parents for the birthday dinner, which I did decline).

So anyways, its been zero contact for the week, which is what I was hoping for, I want her to take the space she has requested (as much as it does bother me not knowing if she will come back or not). On the morning of her birthday (Saturday), should I say anything? Text or call?

I know its a trivial question, but I'm unsure if I should say anything at all.

Heres the thing dude... seems like you are playing games.. as is she... is this the kind of relationship you want? It seems like she wants you to chase her.. if thats the case GO FOR IT.. if thats what you want... you cant just sit back and wait because you could be blowing the opportunity.....

On the contrary, games on my side are over, she asked me for time and space on Sunday, so regardless of her mixed signals, I have agreed to myself not to contact her unless she contacts me, and if she doesn't, I move on and get over it.

I just don't want to be a prick on her birthday.

send her a birthday text...i wouldnt do much more than that.. calling her you will be forced to talk on the phone.. a text is perfect in my opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12