+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The friend zone?

I was talking with her on facebook chat, and during our conversation, she posted something on her wall. almost imediately this guy replies to the post saying stuff like, "Miss you babe, wish you were here." Being the devious little bastard that I am, I looked at his profile, and he has , " In a relationship with, M"

I know that using facebook was wrong, and I even feel like I was stalker-ish looking at this strangers profile.

Nah we all do it, its not stalker. Stalker is looking at every single one of her friends profiles and friends of friends profiles to see what shes 'commented' to them! I've been there too, before I grew up

I'm not surprised she has a boyfriend but there is still a reason behind why she hasn't mentioned him in conversation to you. Either you don't talk to her all that often or she likes the attention -_-
    My bf comes up in conversations daily, with strangers or people I've known forever.

I am not sure what to think right now. Knowing her, as much as i know, she probable likes the attention. I honestly can't think of any other reason that it has not come up in conversation other than the fact that she might think that she doesn't see me as a threat. To her I might just be a friend that she knows at work, nothing more to it. I have stopped texting her, and the only time that I really talk to her now is at work. I should have realized by now that I let my feelings get the better of me, that I made myself feel and see what I wanted to feel and see, even though it was right in my face the whole time that it most likely wasn't going to happen.

I still have feelings for her, something about her personality that just sucks me in. I read her book that she was writing and she keeps asking how I like it and how far I got when she sees me. She told me that she doesn't really like other people reading her unfinished work because she thinks that her work will be rejected before it gets any better. All the time she reassures me that I am going to be a great Physics teacher when I get my degree, and tells me that I am one of the smartest people she knows.

This is not like when I was in high school, when I would get a quick crush but easily get over it. I never really had a real girl friend in high school, other than some girls asking me to take them to dance events at school after one of them saw me at ball room dancing lessons with my mom in middle school.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I was raised to find the one person for me, not to go out looking for a one night stand. I have had my chances at meaningless relationships, but that is not what I am looking for. I know that I am young, but I am old enough to know that I want something serious.

Are these feelings I form for certain girls a product of how I was raised? If so, should I try to get over this and try to have a meaningless relationship?

Nah mate, don't become someone you're not. I'm kinda like you can't do casual. I wouldn't go for a girl I don't want to grow old with. Relationships can fail but we gotta go in with the right intention. Be true to who you are. Someday some girl will love you for it.

It is good to know that there are people who think the same way you do. I am in no way a saint, and I do not expect to be praised for any of my actions, I just feel that you really need to connect and love your partner before you can do anything else. I told myself that I was going to let this one go, even though I feel that we had a real connection. Her boyfriend is a lucky guy indeed, but I do not want to have anything to do with them breaking up for my own amusement.

I would really like to go out there and try to meet new people, but I have no idea where to go to meet new people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12