I only ended it because i couldn't take weeks and weeks of begging, and that's what he would have made me do. He would have gone cold on me until HE was ready to let me back in. I've just embarked as a mature nursing student, i need to focus on that, not be with him and think did i do or say the wrong thing last night? bla bla. I have to concentrate on my studies, and he fully understood that. He chose to challenge me on my 1st day of hospital placement and i was upset at what i'd seen during the day, so he picked on me when he knew i was vunerable. In the past 2 years he's dropped me via text, not spoke to me for 2 months then decided to pick me up again. I'm really not a baddie.I just miss him. Neither of his texts were open texts requiring an answer so it was easy for me to justify not answering. He said the thought of me with another man tore him to bits and that he wasn't looking for another woman, so i concluded that he perhaps didn't want to break up? would you agree? I can't help but feel if i contact him, he'll think yeah, i've got her where i want her now. Head says one thing heart another. all my family and friends dislike him so i have noone but you people to ask. thankyou x