+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I left my wife for that?

When you were leaving your wife, probably in a lot of emotional pain, there was No Problem. So you were not concerned about her at that time. I think if someone leaves a long term marriage they should leave because the marriage dsn't work not for some other person. That is Weak, weak, weak. It seems like a person that is afraid of being on their own. I know that is harsh, but it just seems like you only care when your world got destroyed.

That is why facebook is the devil!!

That's what I thought too!
    When I bought her the car, she wouldn't give me a set of keys for it!
    She has her 'step sons' from her ex boyfriend come and stay the odd weekend, and has even use my money to buy them Christmas presents!
    On the other hand, the sex has been absolutey mind bending!!! I have NEVER had the frequency or variety of sex that i have with this woman, which I believe to be part of my problem!

Should have just stayed with your wife and just had freaky sex with this girl on the side. Would have caused faaaaar less trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by steviej View Post
    Should have just stayed with your wife and just had freaky sex with this girl on the side. Would have caused faaaaar less trouble!
    No he did the decent thing in a way. He left his wife so didn't cheat really. I believe he did the right thing

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hello1 View Post
    No he did the decent thing in a way. He left his wife so didn't cheat really. I believe he did the right thing
    If by 'decent in a way' you mean the slightly less douchey choice of leaving his wife rather than cheating on her. Good god. Whatever happened to upstanding, selfless men with integrity. I am so tired of little boys running around going 'me me me me me me me'. Grow up and honor your commitments, or stop making them.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL hilarious. You sound like Kaius just pumping that bitch full of money then resenting it.

wow, karma is a mf huh? Can't believe the things people do to the marriages.

Quote Originally Posted by giljake View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more! Worse than that, my soon to be ex wife would take me back right now if I left!
    Then I suggest you do so. Get couples counseling, you'll need it.

On the other hand, the sex has been absolutey mind bending!!! I have NEVER had the frequency or variety of sex that i have with this woman, which I believe to be part of my problem!
    $37,000 in debt?

Most expensive hooker ever!
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

You chased your dream and it turned out bad. If you hadn't and were still married you would probably be kicking yourself just as much for not going for it
    Uhm... I guess he couldn't have just chased her skirt and kept his money in the bank where it was safe. ???? Just because you chase your dream doesn't mean you have to give up your common sense while doing it. Dude's a troll and looking for reaction or, he's a co-dependent like his wife who would still consider taking an asshole like him back. Dysfunctional all around... thank gawd they've kept their sickness contained amongst their own kind and didnt venture out and infect the sane.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

So let me get this straight...
    You're okay with her taking TOTAL advantage of you, because the sex is good?
    I'm sure after 22 years your wife would have loved for you to change things up and do something fun in bed. Too late for what you should've done though.
    If you want your life back, and your wife back, you need to get rid of this new woman asap. If she's starts stalking you get a restraining order... do whatever you have to do to get her out of your life, because your wife will not (or should not) put up with this woman interfering in her life anymore. Then once this woman is out of your life, you have to start re-building your relationship with your wife... maybe counselling would help... maybe your wife can just straight out tell you what she needs to put the pieces of your marriage back together. Maybe you should get your own place and kind of start fresh with your wife... taking her on dates and make her feel special again. It'll take a lot of work, and THOUGHT to mend the pieces. If you're willing, and she's willing, then go for it and give it all you got. 22 years of marriage is definitely worth fighting for. ALTHOUGH she may have already decided that she's better off without someone who can walk out on her after 22 years for a fling... and if she has, make if clear what you want, say what you need to say, then let her take it from there. But, get rid of the new woman before you even have this conversation with her.

Everyone makes mistakes, even really blindingly oviously stupid ones, so I will not judge.

I can only wish you well in making the right decision and moving forward with more care and consideration.

Best of luck.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes, even really blindingly oviously stupid ones, so I will not judge.

I can only wish you well in making the right decision and moving forward with more care and consideration.

Best of luck.
    You should judge... that's why the Op came here.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    You should judge... that's why the Op came here.
    No I shouldn't.

If I have a judgement to make, then I will make it.

But I don't. So, all I can do, as I already have, is wish him all the best is sorting his life out.

I doubt that will be held against me.
    -... --- --- -... .. . ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast