+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I miss my ex and want her back, but I've slept with someone else. Advice?

Yeah she could have slept with another guy. If you are honest then she will be honest too!

Just be honest.

An update.

Well, I wrote her a long 10 page letter explaining everything.. about how I felt at the time my reasons for breaking up were the right ones and believed it to be the logical choice. I said that since then I've come to realize it was a mistake. I posted it a couple days ago so she won't have received it yet. But, I (probably stupidly) text her the night I sent it telling her there was something in the mail for her and to watch out for it. She asked me why I was sending her things but I didn't respond as didn't know what to say and think the letter kind of speaks for itself. So.. the next day she literally called me about ten times. I didn't pick up my phone because I didn't want to have to explain everything over the phone when the letter pretty much states how I feel and says it better than I ever could verbally. She left me an annoyed sounding voicemail telling me to 'do the decent thing and answer my phone' and that I didn't reply to her last email and this is why she wanted no contact because she 'didn't want this' (meaning being drip fed contact with me I guess). I text her back asking her to please wait until she received what I sent before we talked. She said if it's just stuff she left at my place then she doesn't want it, I told her it wasn't. She phoned me about 5 times in the morning and the same number again that night.

Here's the crux... I found out through a mutual friend that she has started seeing a guy as early as two weeks ago. It wasn't referred to as dating as such, rather a fling. She apparently met him through someone else and he picked her up late at night took her to his place where they stayed in bed together for a full day... The weird part is, I figured out that the times she was calling me in the morning was while she was at his place (strange!).. Maybe she ducked out for a bit I don't know. Still I think it's weird that she is with some other guy but thinks to call her ex boyfriend (me) while with him.. Then she was trying to call me again once she got home obviously. She's been telling the same friend that she's having a hard time getting over me and such. I'm just not sure what to do now.. While I know it is her right to have sex with other guys, call me a hypocrite but I don't know if I could look at her, kiss or touch her the same way in knowing that... Do you think this means she has or is moving on from me? I guess she'll receive the letter soon so will see what she says. It wasn't asking for her to take me back or forgive me, I guess it implied I wanted her back but acknowledged it was unrealistic of me to expect it of her. It was a romantic apology letter essentially, full of regret and telling her I missed her and I shouldn't have been so quick to end things. I'll wait to see what she says...

Did you say in the letter that you had slept with someone else? If so then she might feel/think the same as you re the call me a hypocrite but I don't know if I could look at her, kiss or touch her the same way in knowing that... line you have mentioned. The guy is a rebound for her and if she is struggling to get over you chances are that is all it is.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12