+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever fallen for a guy who doesn't talk much?

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    He was always boring. I stayed because I loved him. He was my first bf I thought a good, nice, sweet guy was as good as it got.
    My ex was boring too. I mean, I loved him to pieces, and he treated me better than most of the guys I'd dated previously... but I got tired of watching television, running errands with him, watching him play golf with his friends, watching him mess around with his dogs. I really wanted someone to talk with, to laugh with, to have endless sex with... perhaps I should thank him for setting me free to find such a person!

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    He was always boring. I stayed because I loved him. He was my first bf I thought a good, nice, sweet guy was as good as it got.
    So how did it end if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    My ex was boring too. I mean, I loved him to pieces
    Yea I can tell you really do love him. It's interesting to me because women tend to value communication in a relationship but yet you still love him that much even though he struggles in this area.

tremolo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonfire View Post
    Yea I can tell you really do love him. It's interesting to me because women tend to value communication in a relationship but yet you still love him that much even though he struggles in this area.
    Yeah, I could always tell he cared for me pretty deeply by the little things he'd do... pet names he'd call me, the tone of his voice, the way he'd touch me, the way he handled me in bed. I always wanted more though... and it was pretty shocking when, during a pre- (first) breakup discussion, he couldn't tell me how he felt about me. He said I was 'really fun' and he liked hanging out with me. I asked him how that was different than how he felt about any of his female friends, and he said he didn't know, he just felt differently. It wasn't until I broke up with him and told him I loved him for the first time that he started crying and said he really loved me too. Because of that we got back together, and although he would tell me all the time from then on that he loved me, he didn't seem to be able to express that in any other way - including in his actions. Next time I date anyone, I'm going to make sure they're not emotionally damaged or inept at expressing their feelings before I become exclusive with them. Quiet guys are fine by me... as long as they're capable of opening up sometimes.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Married one. Of course, he was just reserved. For many, its about being encouraged to open up. Now, he talks more than I do. One of the reasons I post here. Quieter.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Yeah, I could always tell he cared for me pretty deeply by the little things he'd do... pet names he'd call me, the tone of his voice, the way he'd touch me, the way he handled me in bed. I always wanted more though... and it was pretty shocking when, during a pre- (first) breakup discussion, he couldn't tell me how he felt about me. He said I was 'really fun' and he liked hanging out with me. I asked him how that was different than how he felt about any of his female friends, and he said he didn't know, he just felt differently. It wasn't until I broke up with him and told him I loved him for the first time that he started crying and said he really loved me too. Because of that we got back together, and although he would tell me all the time from then on that he loved me, he didn't seem to be able to express that in any other way - including in his actions. Next time I date anyone, I'm going to make sure they're not emotionally damaged or inept at expressing their feelings before I become exclusive with them. Quiet guys are fine by me... as long as they're capable of opening up sometimes.
    First read "The Five Love Languages" so that you know what your own love language is and so that you can figure out what the "object of your desires" love language is as well.

Not all humans express love the same way so even though he may not say it from his mouth often, he still may be saying it in other ways. I think It's up to us to show our love the way our partner most feels loved by, not show our love to them in the way that makes us feel most loved.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 22-06-11 at 05:57 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Married one. Of course, he was just reserved. For many, its about being encouraged to open up. Now, he talks more than I do. One of the reasons I post here. Quieter.
    Yea, some people aren't shy to speak but are simply reserved.

I'm not reserved... in fact, I'm quite liberal about how I speak, and I'm very open... but I'm very quiet. 70% of my daily life is spent in silence. I prefer to listen.

Why do men not talk a lot? Because they are waiting until the woman shuts up so they can get a word in edgeways.

Just joking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12