+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gent View Post
    Thanks for the help so far guys. Is sending flowers a cheesy idea? I know she's had a bit of a lame week at work & was kinda down in the dumps, soooo I was sorta contemplating sending her flowers so she gets 'em tomorrow when she finishes work.
    Yay or nay? I suddenly feel like a complete amateur in the romance department!
    Definately "nay." Calling her up and asking her out to dinner so she can relax from her difficult day whould go over much better. At this point, flowers would be appreciated but would sub-conciously make her start feeling kinda obligated and pushed into something. Do you see?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Ahh, I hadn't thought of it that way. The last thing I wanna do is pressure her into anything, I just thought the flowers would be a nice gesture. Damn lol.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Did you already have them sent?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Well, we sorta spent the night together again & it went wonderfully. We talked seemingly forever about everything...and kissed lots lol. So I kinda came home & got drunk & sent the flowers....d'oh, is that bad?
    - The Bringer of Rain

Probably not. Just don't lose yourself here. It's early and you don't want to overly invest too quickly. Is she showing you that she's as smitten with you as you appear to be with her?

plz comment! on my post!
    if she just got out of a LTR take it slow let her lead, she already kissed you. Be aggressive but not too much! you should know when the time is right for both of you! get more comfortable with her she will drop her panties for you dont worry

Wakeup, yeaah I'll try to keep my feet on the ground for now. She seems keen yeah, but I can appreciate that she got hurt a while ago, So I guess we'll see how things go

Pete, thanks dude. Slow & steady wins the race as they say!
    - The Bringer of Rain

Casanova you need to slow it down. Im just like you.. im a hopeless romantic but I find too much too soon pushes women away. You may be entering into a rebound relationship with her and moving too fast will backfire. I did that with my ex and despite her moving fast as well it obviously didnt work out.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHelmet82 View Post
    Casanova you need to slow it down. Im just like you.. im a hopeless romantic but I find too much too soon pushes women away. You may be entering into a rebound relationship with her and moving too fast will backfire. I did that with my ex and despite her moving fast as well it obviously didnt work out.
    I hear you, Bruce Wayne. I hear you.
    I haven't been overly forward upto now really, just been taking it slow & spending time with her.
    I guess I'll find out how the flowers go down when she finishes work in 2 hours! Arghhh haha.
    - The Bringer of Rain

Bruce Wayne I like it!

Im sure she will appreciate the flowers, I wouldnt worry about it too much.

I'll give you a little success story involving myself and my current boyfriend. When we started talking in February (we were loosely acquainted previously via Facebook through a mutual friend), I was still reeling from the pain of my last breakup. Everyone on here knows that I went through hell with my ex. Even after my ex and I established closure in January, I was still broken and hurting.

Things started to escalate with Will (new boyfriend) and I enjoyed spending time with someone again when I wasn't busting my ass at work. However, I did explain to him that I wasn't entirely past what had happened with my ex and that I was still trying to move on. He was fine with this and let me stay in the driver seat. Sometime in March I freaked out a little. I gave him the cold shoulder when he just happened to show up at a concert that I'd planned on attending with my girlfriends. It was very special to me to spend time with them as my schedule never lines up with theirs'. He tried to infiltrate our group and this pissed me off so I pretty much ignored him all night. He got very hurt by this.

I was also dealing with a dear friend and coworker moving away, and I needed to spend the rest of the weekend working and spending time with her. I apologized for being so cold initially, but he insisted that I do what I needed to do and that he'd be around if I wanted to talk. He didn't call me over the next few days, and so I plucked up the courage to call him. We ironed out what had happened and he has never held any resentment toward me over it. Every now and then I freak out a little, but he simply smiles at me and gives me time to get over myself.

We started dating at the end of February... And we made it official at the end of May. He was very patient with me and let me call the shots. Over that time he'd surprise me every once in a while at work with a cupcake (I love cupcakes) or he'd take me out to dinner and always indulge where I wanted to go. I'm not saying you have to bend over backwards, but do something small, then back off. It takes time, but the reward is worth it. At least my boyfriend thinks so Be creative and get to know what she likes. Women love gifts that reflect on how well her man knows her.

Thanks LB. I'm hoping everything goes well, I haven't met someone quite as lovely as this girl in a looooong time
    - The Bringer of Rain

Woooooo! She loves 'em
    - The Bringer of Rain

Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    I'll give you a little success story involving myself and my current boyfriend. When we started talking in February (we were loosely acquainted previously via Facebook through a mutual friend), I was still reeling from the pain of my last breakup. Everyone on here knows that I went through hell with my ex. Even after my ex and I established closure in January, I was still broken and hurting.

Things started to escalate with Will (new boyfriend) and I enjoyed spending time with someone again when I wasn't busting my ass at work. However, I did explain to him that I wasn't entirely past what had happened with my ex and that I was still trying to move on. He was fine with this and let me stay in the driver seat. Sometime in March I freaked out a little. I gave him the cold shoulder when he just happened to show up at a concert that I'd planned on attending with my girlfriends. It was very special to me to spend time with them as my schedule never lines up with theirs'. He tried to infiltrate our group and this pissed me off so I pretty much ignored him all night. He got very hurt by this.

I was also dealing with a dear friend and coworker moving away, and I needed to spend the rest of the weekend working and spending time with her. I apologized for being so cold initially, but he insisted that I do what I needed to do and that he'd be around if I wanted to talk. He didn't call me over the next few days, and so I plucked up the courage to call him. We ironed out what had happened and he has never held any resentment toward me over it. Every now and then I freak out a little, but he simply smiles at me and gives me time to get over myself.

We started dating at the end of February... And we made it official at the end of May. He was very patient with me and let me call the shots. Over that time he'd surprise me every once in a while at work with a cupcake (I love cupcakes) or he'd take me out to dinner and always indulge where I wanted to go. I'm not saying you have to bend over backwards, but do something small, then back off. It takes time, but the reward is worth it. At least my boyfriend thinks so Be creative and get to know what she likes. Women love gifts that reflect on how well her man knows her.
    Yeah i regret not going slower.. but again.. if it was meant to be it wouldnt have mattered!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gent View Post
    Woooooo! She loves 'em
    good! now spiderman.. make sure you dont get your spidey sense tingling too soon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast