+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He's the workaholic but I'm the breadwinner

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    God, you really ARE stupid. She said 50 hours A MONTH. That's one volunteer shift a week.
    Damn Indi lol! Just blast the guy like that. On that note, I'm going to bed.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ever since I started sexing dopplemakemelol its like Ive become a new woman... by giving me release, he's released my inner bitch! I am now FREE to stamp out stupidity, wherever it lurks.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Ever since I started sexing dopplemakemelol its like Ive become a new woman... by giving me release, he's released my inner bitch! I am now FREE to stamp out stupidity, wherever it lurks.
    Sorry, babe. Had to start sexing up PP a bit so she'd ban hello1.

I did it for the good of the forums.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I'll ignore the bickering.

His volunteering, school, and the relevant job don't bug me at all. It's mostly the unnecessary unproductive job and the extra shifts at the other one. I have pushed him towards achieving his dream of becoming a firefighter more than anyone in his life. I've spent hours helping him in those processes.

Also, I understand that the schedule of a firefighter is unique, but it's actually really nice. Most firefighters work 24-48 hour shifts then have several days off in a row. It actually means a lot less time commuting and more time together in the end. I understand the long shifts will have their challenges especially when we have kids, but I'm ok with sleeping alone every few days if he's working his dream job and we get to spend time together eventually.

Mostly had to vent- I had another talk with him and he decided to quit the 2nd job that doesn't really help him in the long-term. I'm starting to see that a lot of his anxiety is some weird "man" thing about being a provider. I know there's some little thing that bugs him, almost a guilt, that I'm the one bringing home the bacon right now. We talked it all out though. No ultimatums.

After some raised voices, tears and hugs we got out some tensions, reached a happy medium and went to bed happy together. Ain't that what a happy committed relationship should be all about?

Yay for you Lucid!

I was going to say before I read your post that please think about the long term in this case. Would you prefer in 30 years time to look back and see this is a rough patch of road or a complete detour? Sounds like you've accepted the rough patch idea.

To be honest, it sounds like you've found a great guy. Most fireys I've met (professional or volunteer) have had hearts of gold. I'm glad he has decided to give up the job that isn't going to further his career. I'm sure now that he has made that decision, your tension will decrease.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I like how you put it Maiden, as a rough patch rather than a detour. I'll have to keep reminding myself that when I get a lil lonely or frustrated. Thank you. And yes, he is fantastic! I'm very lucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12