+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do guys like being told they're sweet?

tremolo Guest
    A weapon? Um... what's wrong with showing some appreciation to a sweet guy? You have a seriously negative view of women, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    A weapon? Um... what's wrong with showing some appreciation to a sweet guy? You have a seriously negative view of women, it seems.
    No, I have a seriously negative view of using sex to try to modify someone's behavior.

tremolo Guest
    I've never used sex as a manipulative tactic. Fact is, I'd do it anyway - but I'm more inclined to do it when a guy does something nice for me than when he doesn't. Nothing wrong with positive reinforcement anyway.

I get a horrible feeling like I did something very wrong if a girl says I'm sweet. Definitely not the best thing you can say to a guy.

My hubby doesn't mind being called sweet but I'm not allowed to call him cute. He says, ever so cutely, "I'm tough not cute" to which I respond "yes, but t-u-double-f not t-o-u-g-h." We thought it was awesome when we scored a t-shirt for our boy that said " Tuff? You should see my dad"
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12