+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking out other women?

I will talk to him about it when I see him again, which would be probably tomorrow. I'll bring it up calmly and just let him know. It's not a big thing to ask. I hope he wouldn't get defensive or take it the wrong way because it's really not that big of a thing and he should respect me. If he can't understand then I'll know I have a bigger issue on my hands.

Agree that anyone who is mature enough and respects their partner would refrain from doing it altogether in the first place.

The same goes for women.
    Unreasonable expectations will make it so you'll never find someone who doesn't upset you. ALL people look. As they mature they will not make such a verbal fuss about it, then if they are with a confident woman/man who is secure in their relationship, you will learn to point out the hot ones to him/her without fear of abandonment.

I'd say that asking him to keep it in his own head is reasonable. Asking him not to look or only look at you is unreasonable and a goal that he'd never be able to keep.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 07-08-11 at 12:43 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I briefly talked to him about it. I wasn't exactly sure how to bring it up but my cousin had texted me that her boyfriend had been checking out an attractive waitress when they went out to eat so she told me she was mad. I showed my boyfriend the text. He then said to me "she shouldn't get mad over that. It's natural. Whether you're in a relationship or not you're always going to be looking at or checking out attractive people" and I said "well that's true and understandable. And that's not a problem, everyone does. It's just when it's being made obvious that you're checking someone out then there's a right to be offended or a little mad." to that he replied with "what?" and I elaborated more on how when we were in the mall and he openly said "Ooooo!" to the posters. Then he retaliated with "well what about you? Before that you were all like 'Adam Lambert is hot. Why are all the hot guys gay?'" and I told him that when I said that comment I was telling his mom that I had said that two years ago. Then he said "oh". So basically his "OOOO!" over the posters was pretty much just him being spiteful over the comment I had made earlier that night. I told him "could you just not make it so obvious?". and then we stopped the conversation and talked about something else. I'm hoping from now on he keeps his comments to himself and respects me if he sees something/someone attractive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12