+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyfriend and I broke up due to my health issues.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Does this mean you're manic or depressive at the moment?
    LOL. Niiiice.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm siding with the Canadian women. It is everyone's responsibility to bring a mentally-healthy person in to a relationship. Significant others aren't shrinks.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You're very right. And, of course, significant others aren't shrinks. I feel everyone can have their opinions, and I will listen to what everyone has to say, but I also know what I'm capable of and the kind of person I would want in a relationship. My boyfriend wasn't very understanding, which is too bad because we both have strong feelings for one another, but I knew for me it wasn't healthy for either of us to stay in a relationship like that. High stress causes me to feel sick. Something I KNOW I need to work on overcoming. It happens. Anxiety is becoming more and more of an issue with people. Doesn't mean I have mental problems where I should be thrown into a psych ward of some sorts. I'm not one to be a needy, sob story on me, figure everything out for me kind of person. People like that disgust me. Like I said in my original post... he wasn't there for me. Yet, when he'd get a bad headache (which he got a lot), I'd be there to bring him advil, water, rub his head for 45 minutes to an hour. He's a smoker, and I hate cigarettes, yet I'd never throw that in his face as something to use against him. Reason why I put in my original post that my mind was all screwed up, was because I felt like I was on drugs with the anxiety medication that I took. It was an awful feeling considering I was the type to stay away from prescription meds and over the counter stuff. Except Advil was okay.

Any way, thanks for the advice everyone.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Psych problems are more difficult to deal with than most physical problems, and they are more persistent, and if mismanaged, are progressive. If the level of care you need NOW was annoying to him, how could he be expected to deal with your issues in a few years if things get worse?

PS - I'm a nurse, so it's not about level of caring, but the only person on the planet whose head I would rub for 45 minutes is my child's. I find it.... hmm.... interesting that you would do that, and that you would expect the same in return.
    Last edited by vashti; 16-08-11 at 03:55 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thus, why, we are no longer together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12