+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exclusivity

This guy is giving very mixed signals. He appears to be able to talk the talk but not walk the walk.

We have spent alot of time together over the last week and he keeps telling me how great I am and that its scary because he is starting to "fall in love" with me. He has given me flowers and just generally been a gentleman, and seems very eager to see me most nights.

I brought up the dating website and he agreed that he did not want to be on there so he will delete his account over the weekend, only time will tell on that one.

I must admit it has made me back off a little, him saying that he is falling for me. It's too early for me to consider those feelings and that coupled with the dating website that he has had plenty of chances to close, is very confusing.

3 weeks does seem too soon. You dont want to rush things. Take this time to date several people to find someone you really connect with. You speak alot about closing this dating account but I don't hear much about how you really feel for this man. It's easy to rush into a relationship but not easy to mend a broken heart.

We have spent alot of time together over the last week
    Have you only just met him this week? Is that what you're saying?

After one week of seeing each other if some guy told me he was starting to have feelings, bought me flowers and was willing to take down his profile, I'd be like you and warning bells would be ringing. He's way over the top and if history repeats itself, you'll come to find that this guy has some issues that you may not want to get involved with.

Take things slow with him, don't move in with him until at least one year of dating has passed and don't go to bed with him too soon or he'll likely become some clingon who you'll find it difficult to get away from if you find you don't really like him.

This is what I mean when I say to all you "nice guys" that you do too much too soon and you freak a girl out. Here we have an OP who is now leary of him because he's just so pushy.

Just take things slow with this guy even though he's doing his best to rush you, Flannalan
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No, we have been dating for the last 5 weeks, we have already slept together.

That's a little longer than one week but it's still quite soon. Just take things slow with this guy and if you've already slept together and he thinks "he's falling in love with you" then in my books, there is no reason why he needs to have an active online dating profile. There is particularily no reason for him to be logging on every day.

If he hasn't deleted it by the end of the weekend then ask him about it. If you're looking for a reciprocal longterm relationship with him and he's wanting this with you, then he would have no interest in his profile and would delete it. If he gives you an excuse then re-evaluate his words so that you realize that they don't match his actions. His actions are where the truth is.

I still find him a little scary (as do you I think or this and all your other threads about him) wouldn't exist. Just pay attention and don't let him move you along quicker than you're comfortable with.

You need to start trusting him though if his actions are matching his words. You clearly don't trust him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Im glad you decided to back off a little. Just take things slow for now. No need to rush things.

Hello,
    Interesting question as I have never dated someone not exclusively, but in my opinion if you want exclusivity and hes interested in other women and says no then move on and find someone who does want this.
    Please answer my question Should I give him one more chance to do whats right?
    Thanks,
    Shessy00

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12