• No

14 53.85%
  • Successfully quit!

1 3.85%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LF Poll --- Are you a smoker?

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    wowzer! Where do you get the lung strength to ride like that when you smoke? Your lungs must be in good shape.
    My cardiovascular system is actually in pretty good shape. Used to piss my ex off that my blood pressure was always dead normal despite my drinking and smoking... hers wasn't.

Most of the time I ride at a moderate pace, try to ride a consistent speed. My main bicycle is a 27 year old Schwinn mountain bike (no suspenseion) that I've rigged for street duty, so the geometry and gearing are not set up for speed. Normally I ride around 15 - 20mph. A century ride should take me about 6 to 7 hours. My main problems will be the heat and hydration issues that go with it. I've done several 50 mile days and they've kicked my butt, but I WILL do a 100 mile day before the year is out.

BTW, I climbed on the scale this weekend, and since I gave up driving 3 years ago, I've now lost a total of 40 Lbs. 180 Lbs, FTW! 10-15 more to go and I'll be happy.

Way to go, HIA..
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I have smoked for 10 years now. (

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My hubby is still smoking and occasionally over the past two weeks I will ask him for one, and he says no. Normally I don't like 'controlling' behaviour in men, but this one I'll let slide because I know he's doing it for my own good. I told him before I quit no to give in to my pleas for a cigarette no matter how pathetic I got.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

If you told him to tell you no, and he's telling you no, that's not controlling behavior, that's controlled behavior.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    My cardiovascular system is actually in pretty good shape. Used to piss my ex off that my blood pressure was always dead normal despite my drinking and smoking... hers wasn't.

Most of the time I ride at a moderate pace, try to ride a consistent speed. My main bicycle is a 27 year old Schwinn mountain bike (no suspenseion) that I've rigged for street duty, so the geometry and gearing are not set up for speed. Normally I ride around 15 - 20mph. A century ride should take me about 6 to 7 hours. My main problems will be the heat and hydration issues that go with it. I've done several 50 mile days and they've kicked my butt, but I WILL do a 100 mile day before the year is out.

BTW, I climbed on the scale this weekend, and since I gave up driving 3 years ago, I've now lost a total of 40 Lbs. 180 Lbs, FTW! 10-15 more to go and I'll be happy.
    Imagine how fit you'd be if you didn't smoke. Holy moley. The weight control thing is a major benefit of smoking, tho. I know so many who inflated once they gave up smokes.

As for me, I tried it as a teen. Even had to learn for a play I was in, lol. Dated a guy who did. I never got into it. What I said before about the different susceptibilities to addiction. Ain't got that gene, I guess.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex2 View Post
    And I hope that one day people will not judge us by the colour of our lungs but by the content of our character
    Nor the fattiness of our livers? LOL!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I smoke copious amounts of tobacco and marijuana.

I sometimes complement this with LSD, MDMA, mushrooms, DMT, DXM, hydrocodone/codeine, alcohol, or occasionally salvia.

My heart rate is 68 and my blood pressure is normal.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    I

My heart rate is 68 and my blood pressure is normal.
    That's b/c you are 20 and immortal. Call back in 20 years.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually, I'm 21 now.

I do find it odd that my government simultaneously gave me the ability to get drunk and own a pistol. It's like they're trying to tell me something.

[edit] I'm only immortal because I'm white.

Imagine how fit you'd be if you didn't smoke. Holy moley. The weight control thing is a major benefit of smoking, tho. I know so many who inflated once they gave up smokes.

As for me, I tried it as a teen. Even had to learn for a play I was in, lol. Dated a guy who did. I never got into it. What I said before about the different susceptibilities to addiction. Ain't got that gene, I guess.
    I know. Believe me I know. I probably could've been a competitive bike racer. Now I'm just a competent olde farte.

Yeah... when I was 21 I was 5'9" (grew an inch a year later), 165 Lbs., ate whatever I wanted, cholesterol was low, resting heart rate of about 65, low blood pressure, worried about nothing. Fast forward 21 more years and I'm 180 Lbs. after having lost 40, blood pressure still in the normal range but no longer low.

Good luck with that, doppelmakemelol.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Now I'm just a competent olde farte.
    Hahaha! Love it. Ye Olde Farte's Club. I'm in, who else is a member? Wakeup for sure, Cam tho he's never here anymore.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Hahaha! Love it. Ye Olde Farte's Club. I'm in, who else is a member? Wakeup for sure, Cam tho he's never here anymore.
    It IS fun however, when I'm out on a ride on my "ancient, heavy" mountain bike and I blow the doors off a young pup on his high-dollar race bike.

Good luck with that, doppelmakemelol.
    I'm 6'4" and already 180 lbs. I'll probably live forever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast