+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a shark.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only ones who benefit from this route are the lawyers. I wish you luck finding a lawyer, but mostly I wish him hit by a truck before the paperwork is signed for your sake and your kids. Screw her, you know where this is coming from.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    The only ones who benefit from this route are the lawyers. I wish you luck finding a lawyer, but mostly I wish him hit by a truck before the paperwork is signed for your sake and your kids. Screw her, you know where this is coming from.
    If by "him" you mean the soon-to-be-ex, I agree. We initially agreed to postpone any talk of divorce for at least a year so my daughter could recover from her surgery, so I wouldn't have to be dealing with neurosurgeons, insurance companies, and attorneys all at the same time. The fact that he is bringing this up now can only be because the girlfriend is pushing for it. Just goes to show you how much power a woman has when she is sleeping with a man... This is going to hurt him a lot, because since we aren't going through mediation, I am inclined to ask for everything I was willing to let him have before. Including alimony.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, that him. And then the lawyer before he cashes his cheque LOL.

She can't be that smart. There are so many examples where the 2nd wife ends up with nothing in comparison to the ex. That's even supposing he will marry her, which is a BIG if especially once you two are done. Anyway, its what I said about karma, which I suppose he'll experience shortly.

See BJ, but have you contacted Giga?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, I am worried that he actually WILL marry her, and I bet she wants to. After all, then she could pry my kids inheritance out of their hands.

He's an idiot. I guess I will have to be more assertive or my kids will end up with nothing in the end..
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yeah, I am worried that he actually WILL marry her, and I bet she wants to. After all, then she could pry my kids inheritance out of their hands.
    You must make this a condition of the divorce. No buts. I have a friend who elderly dad remarried (he was a retired supreme court judge) when her mom died of cancer. The new wife, a filipino woman (who called every year to 'check up' on him--really, to see if the wife was dead yet) then moved in and had the will changed. My friend and her sibs lost EVERYTHING, even the inheritance from her mother which transferred to her dad when she died.

Not trying to scare you, just educate you. Ask about trusts that are untouchable by this woman (or any other). Insist on it. A will alone isn't enough, it can be changed. In my friend's case court wasn't even an option b/c the woman spent and sent the money out of country before there was anything they could do about it. Can't get blood from a stone, as the saying goes.

Yes, even very smart men are very susceptible. When it gets tough, think of your kids. Your life together was for them as much as for you.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah ask around, considering that 50% of marriages end in divorce.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12