+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend gets mad at me for working

Bravo! You did the right thing. Be proud of yourself. So many other women would fall under some sort of spell and continue to make their life miserable with these types of losers. Hope you find a dude who will actually treat you proper. Good luck to you!

What's funny is that now a mutual friend of both he and I is telling me that he is on Facebook fishing for compliments. He is asking people to rate how he looks. He is not on my friend's list and so the mutual friend is telling me that people are saying that he seems insecure and fishing for compliments. He is 37 years old and should not even care what people think in terms of how he looks.

I have already told the mutual friend that I ended things and that I don't want to hear anything else about him.
    Last edited by inquiringminds; 02-09-11 at 09:37 PM.

Sounds to me like you can do better. He may say he loves you, but his actions certainly aren't backing that up.

Get a load of this. He is using someone else's cell phone to send me messages. I just got one and it said:

"baby please call me so we can talk. I realized I messed up and I will do anything to prove it"

I don't think so. I blocked that number as well and didn't respond. Why would I want someone so obviously insecure and only wants me to do all the work in a relationship? And if he wants me then why ask other females on Facebook how attractive he is the very day I break up with him? He is full of you know what. 37 years old and hasn't grown up yet. I am already in the process of getting a security system for my house because this guy might do something crazy and I want to be prepared.

That's refreshing. Someone that asks for advice here, gets said advice and then follows it expeditiously.

You did well.

job well done

Something told me he would try something. For the first time ever, he borrowed someone's car to come to my house. I was outside talking to the the security system guy. He pulls up, gets out of the car and immediately went into telling me that he is sorry and that he will do anything to make it up to me. I told him to leave before I call the cops. The security system guy even told him to back off or he himself would call the cops. My ex looked at me with sad eyes and I said "We are done and there is nothing left to say"

He got in the car and left.

Funny how when we were together he couldn't find a car to come visit me, but yet when I end things he somehow musters up the decency to borrow a car from someone. If he comes back again I will be calling the cops immediately without saying a word to him.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    That's refreshing. Someone that asks for advice here, gets said advice and then follows it expeditiously.

You did well.
    I agree, kudos. I didn't add to this thread b/c everyone else said it so well. Stick around and lend your experience to others who have trouble with 'get er done'.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by inquiringminds View Post

Funny how when we were together he couldn't find a car to come visit me, but yet when I end things he somehow musters up the decency to borrow a car from someone.
    Exactly. IMO this just adds insult to injury b/c obviously he *could* do it. Apparently only when HIS feelings are strong enough to warrant it tho, not when yours are.

Stick to your course, IM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I agree, kudos. I didn't add to this thread b/c everyone else said it so well. Stick around and lend your experience to others who have trouble with 'get er done'.
    I will stick around and help others.

Ric is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    Forgot the second page.

Well, good you ended it! Takes courage to take advice so well!

This nut is trying to "friend" me on Facebook. I won't accept. I wish this guy would leave me alone. I guess him being dumped hasn't registered in that pea brain of his yet. I am moving on nicely but he keeps trying to get me back. A full on whack job.

inquiringminds, you're my favorite new member. I love this kind of thread.

You already threatened to call the cops on him, and he still hasn't left you alone. A sane person would have backed off. I don't think you should keep ignoring this. Keep ignoring him, for sure, except for one last email that says that you will call the police and file charges if he contacts you in any way. Do not apologize, do not explain anything, keep it short and business-like. Then follow through with it when he contacts you again. Seriously, **** that guy. Don't let him harass you like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MerryH View Post
    inquiringminds, you're my favorite new member. I love this kind of thread.

You already threatened to call the cops on him, and he still hasn't left you alone. A sane person would have backed off. I don't think you should keep ignoring this. Keep ignoring him, for sure, except for one last email that says that you will call the police and file charges if he contacts you in any way. Do not apologize, do not explain anything, keep it short and business-like. Then follow through with it when he contacts you again. Seriously, **** that guy. Don't let him harass you like that.
    Fu​​​​​​​​ck you.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelmakemelol View Post
    Fu​​​​​​​​ck you.
    Stop harassing me on FaceBook, or I will call the police.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast