+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are you people?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdy_guy View Post
    I'm what people would call a conspiracy theorist and maybe a fringe lunatic but I don't really care, I like thinking out of the box
    Haha, got to say I love conspiracy theories, especially the New World Order stuff.

One of my favourite TV quotes is from Futurama: "A thousand years ago no one believed in Tooth Fairy and now he's the head of F.B.I."

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    What the hell man? Evan? Eric? Earl? I've said it yeah? ;P
    I dunno. I'm still new to this Internet posting stuff. Evan.

Evan was my first guess

Name: Jen
    Relationship status: Happily single
    Why I came here: To get some objective advice about the guy I was dating. The advice helped greatly and pleasantly surprised at how helpful people are.
    Why I'm still here: I enjoy the witty banter, the regulars and hope I can help others.
    Other stuff that other people answered: I drink occasionally, don't smoke or do drugs. Fairly healthy; love my yoga, working out and being active. I work in HR, but I'm a self-taught IT geek. Hoping to find a new job in London and relocate within 6 months. I'm not a cat person but love my weirdo cat. Originally from Minnesota, but love England and don't plan on moving back. I look young for my age too, most people think I'm in my early 30's.
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make our world.

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

Name: Diona
    Relationship status: In a relationship with my boyfriend for 6 years.

Why I came here: Came across the site, read for a bit & will lend a little help (hopefully) every once in a while.

Why I'm still here: I like readin the threads of alot of the people here. The debates/banter make for a good day sometimes.

Other stuff that other people answered: I don't drink or smoke. I have 3 cats. After 16 years of hard work at my current job as an administrative assitant I am finding myself looking for another job. Found out the office I work in will be closing by next year so now I'm back to the "salt mines" trying to "sell myself" to get another job before the office closes. The 1 positive in all this mess with this company I work for is when I put my resume on 2 good job sites, I've been getting good calls backs & interviews. So after not looking for something for so long, something is working right that people are calling me back!

I'm a student, 19 years old

I'm here to get as many information as i can about people outside of my country, i'm quite attached to Wikipedia, that's one of my favorite sites

If you think you're smart enough to think that you'll be able to share important informations to other people, then let me know anything that you think you want to let me know

I did introduce myself on [URL="http://www.loveforum.net/off-topic-discussion/58566-how-did-you-come-up-your-username-2.html"]that thread[/URL]
    And ended up being bashed and made fun of! guess i don't wanna face a similar ending...
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I have a cat, he's nearly 5 years old. I don't like cats, but I love him (longer story as to how I got him).
    He's so cute.. ( I wondered earlier if it's a he or a she!) ..tell us the story.
    "It's all George's fault. All that talk about impotence. He got to me. And that orgasm stuff: orgasm this and orgasm that. It's a lot of pressure!" Jerry Seinfeld

I am James Davies by name, a building contractor 48 years of age. i actually joined this site to rally know whats going on in the complicated world of love and i have to confess i have really learn a lot. Now i know how to handle a relationship and the do and dont of a relationship. Thanks to you guys.

My name is Nunyabiznezz.

I'm 42, my beautiful bride is 47.
    I smoke and drink, yet ride 3000+ miles a year on my bicycle, and I mostly eschew driving.
    Recently married the love of my life/best friend, whom I've known for 20 years - came here when I was away from her and missing her.
    Moved to Arkansas from the West Coast to be with her, and the weather is taking some getting used to.
    Still looking for work. Hate not contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    My name is Nunyabiznezz.

cool..

My name is Rumpelstiltskin.
    I joined on the day I turned 20 'cause I was thinking about my ex and decided I should sort my life out. I still come here for loads of reasons... the regulars' posts = quality entertainment + great advice, seeing how others deal with relationships and such, because sometimes I get bored etc.
    I smoke and drink moderately. No drugs.
    Studying Advertising. Not quite sure how I ended up here, I've always thought I'd do something cinematography/film/media related. Or something to do with foreign languages. I know 4 now. Not all fluent though. Oh, and I also did Latin for a few years, supposed to help me with the rest.
    I also did dancing for a few years. Remember being at the Moulin Rouge on one of my birthdays and thinking I want to dance there one day. Gave up on that idea. Still love dancing but now it's strictly entertainment and not performance.

Guess those would be a couple of the things that are representative for myself.
    "The right time is any time that one is still so lucky as to have."

Quote Originally Posted by Lovable View Post
    After 16 years of hard work at my current job as an administrative assitant I am finding myself looking for another job. Found out the office I work in will be closing by next year so now I'm back to the "salt mines" trying to "sell myself" to get another job before the office closes. The 1 positive in all this mess with this company I work for is when I put my resume on 2 good job sites, I've been getting good calls backs & interviews. So after not looking for something for so long, something is working right that people are calling me back!
    Good luck! I'm also job searching in the Chicago area. So at any of your interviews, if you overhear anybody talking about finding I.T. people, please let me know!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiress View Post
    He's so cute.. ( I wondered earlier if it's a he or a she!) ..tell us the story.
    It's a he.

I had just started working at my job (about four years ago) out of grad school. I had moved to a place where I knew nobody, and was slowly making friends. One afternoon, this tiny kitten walks into my office and hides under my desk.

He looked scared, so I got as many table scraps that I could find and put them into a cup to feed him. It turns out that a woman on the second floor had found these kittens in the street outside her apartment abandoned. She asked if I wanted to keep him.

I didn't want a cat, but promised to keep him in my office until we found an owner.

It was a late night at work, but he jumped into my lap and kept me company. I've had him ever since.

Not too many "regulars" posting in here

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    Not too many "regulars" posting in here
    They don't really care all that much
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast