+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Really Need To Lose Weight :*(

I watch what I eat & I count my calories everyday
    Calories don't matter if you eat high-fat foods. How about if you list everything you ate, and the times you ate them, for one day. US federal recommendations are way off, for some things. You should NEVER eat 60 grams of fat per day, that's way too much for any US citizen except an 18 year old man in basic training 12 hours per day. You should shoot for max 8g of fat per meal. Many of the Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, and Weight Watcher frozen meals are more than 8g of fat and are bad for you. Besides, they are also high in sodium, which dehydrate you and raise blood pressure.

One should eat 2 servings of veggies PER MEAL in order to regulate blood sugar. And eating 4 smaller, healthy meals per day also helps.

Other people are really misinformed about "healthy" foods. Nuts and nut products (Peanut butter, Nutella) are high in fat, and should be avoided. It's not worth all the fat to get tiny amounts of Omega-3 acids.

You have to exercise 5 days a week for at least 45 minutes to lose weight. Try to start with walking for 45 minutes. If that doesn't give results in 3-4 weeks, try the P90 DVDs. See if you can rent them from the library, or buy them on Ebay.
    Last edited by bulrush; 29-09-11 at 04:00 AM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I said that I was 27 cause I will be in November so soon
    How much do personal trainers ushally cost??

Quote Originally Posted by Saya View Post
    In one of your thread, you said that your 27....

To able to get yourself a personal trainer, go up to a gym counter/reception and ask the gym receptionist that you want a personal trainer to work with you, but having a personal trainer of your own would cost you a bit of money. You probably have to pay your personal trainer extra money so that you can work out with her/him.

Calculate your BMI (Body mass index) and see if your overweight or normal weight for your height or not.
    And see how much you need to lose weight from them. You might not have to lose weight a lot if you calculate that. Google BMI calculator and it would come up.

When I used to count calories all the time I used to beable to lose weight & so I dont know y im having such a hard time now losing weight doing it.
    It doesn't make any sense to me. And im eating the same way as I always have.

I don't know how much they cost since I don't live in US.
    It depends on the gym and the personal trainer I guess.
    Some might be a really good and popular personal trainer then, it could cost a lot.
    But when I google, it came up to....for North America, (not sure where about in US your from) it will charge you on average, $50 - $75 per session, but I'm not sure if this is correct or not.
    I heard that the older you get, harder for you to lose weight.

Well I think it's really hard for me to lose weight cause I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) & I also have an underactive thyroid ( Hypothyroidism)
    & I think North America is Canada & I don't live in Canada.
    I live in the USA

I don't know how much they cost since I don't live in US.
    It depends on the gym and the personal trainer I guess.
    Some might be a really good and popular personal trainer then, it could cost a lot.
    But when I google, it came up to....for North America, (not sure where about in US your from) it will charge you on average, $50 - $75 per session, but I'm not sure if this is correct or not.
    I heard that the older you get, harder for you to lose weight.

What types of food do you eat? How often are you eating? Do you exercise? Do you understand what carbs and proteins do?

With your health history, you really should be discussing this with your doctor. Keep a diary of what you eat and how often you exercise for a couple of weeks then take it to your doctor. They'll be able to tell you where you are going wrong. It may be something something simple like eating too many carbs or eating too late into the evening.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I twice a day
    I don't eat past 9 at night anymore
    I just walk sometimes
    I know that carbs are bad!!!
    I'm not sure what carbs & proteins do

I will make a food journal & take it to my doctor

Here are 2 days of what I ate:

Wednesday- Sloppy Joe,5 Carrots, 5 Grapes,Few Noodles,Broccoli,Some Dry Cereal

Thrusday- Some Roast Beef,Broccoli,Dry Cereal, 1 Chicken Nugget,Watermelon Slice,Some Grapes,2 Strawberrys,Some Raisins

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    What types of food do you eat? How often are you eating? Do you exercise? Do you understand what carbs and proteins do?

With your health history, you really should be discussing this with your doctor. Keep a diary of what you eat and how often you exercise for a couple of weeks then take it to your doctor. They'll be able to tell you where you are going wrong. It may be something something simple like eating too many carbs or eating too late into the evening.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eat less, walk more, go to bed before 10pm.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by SweetGrl View Post
    I twice a day
    I don't eat past 9 at night anymore
    I just walk sometimes
    I know that carbs are bad!!!
    I'm not sure what carbs & proteins do

I will make a food journal & take it to my doctor

Here are 2 days of what I ate:

Wednesday- Sloppy Joe,5 Carrots, 5 Grapes,Few Noodles,Broccoli,Some Dry Cereal

Thrusday- Some Roast Beef,Broccoli,Dry Cereal, 1 Chicken Nugget,Watermelon Slice,Some Grapes,2 Strawberrys,Some Raisins
    Wow, you eat so much!!

Make sure you eat three meals per day without snacking. If you want to snack then eat fruits or raw vegetables (Without any dips or sauce)
    You need to eat more vegetables and fruits.
    Eat dinner early.
    You should brush your teeth after you eat. That way you won't snack or drink juice or soft drinks for a while.
    Drink lots of water in between meals and before the meals.
    Do more exercise/walking.

What do you do for living?? Eg, do you work in a office where you have to sit in front of the computer for a long hours... or are you on your feet all the time, talking to clients etc?

I don't really have sugar anymore if I want candy I have sugar free. People with PCOS aren't suppossed to have sugar cause of insulin resistance
    I don't eat fast food
    What is pre packaged food??
    Anything that comes in a box or a can.

that isn't much

Wow, you eat so much!!

Make sure you eat three meals per day without snacking. If you want to snack then eat fruits or raw vegetables (Without any dips or sauce)
    You need to eat more vegetables and fruits.
    Eat dinner early.
    You should brush your teeth after you eat. That way you won't snack or drink juice or soft drinks for a while.
    Drink lots of water in between meals and before the meals.
    Do more exercise/walking.

What do you do for living?? Eg, do you work in a office where you have to sit in front of the computer for a long hours... or are you on your feet all the time, talking to clients etc?

It's not rocket science. Eat fewer calories and or burn more calories by exercising. Walking is not really exercise - you need something that boosts your heart rate - fast walking, jogging, fast swimming.

tremolo Guest
    Ok, a few things I don't think have been mentioned -

You do need to count calories, but you also need to make sure you're eating enough calories that your body doesn't go into starvation mode and start storing what you eat as fat. There are online calculators you can use which will tell you how many calories to eat per day to lose X pounds per week. You shouldn't try to lose any more than 2 pounds per week.

As everyone has already said, make sure you're eating a good balance of protein, complex carbohydrates and vegetables. Eat fruits in moderation and cut out sweets - except maybe one day a week so you can indulge and not cheat the rest of the week at your diet. Alcohol should be cut out too, if you drink it. Drink a lot of water, which will fill you up so you feel less hungry (it also flushes out wastes), and make sure you're getting fiber in your diet. Fiber is essential for weight loss.

Lastly, don't eat just 2 or even 3 meals a day - eat 6 or 7, but make them small. Make sure you eat first thing in the morning, and then eat at regular intervals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. Quit eating about 8 at night, and only drink fluids after that.

If you aren't lifting weights, add weights into your exercise routine 2-3 days a week, and on the other days do some aerobic/cardio exercise. Don't fear that the weights will bulk you up, because for every pound of muscle you gain, you'll lose more in fat, and it will help you burn more calories on a daily basis.

Stick to that plan, and you'll start to see the weight coming off. I lost 25 lbs doing all that last summer. Wasn't easy, but before I knew it, the weight was melting off and I wasn't even trying anymore.
    Last edited by tremolo; 03-10-11 at 02:56 PM.

how do anorexic people lose weight when they never eat so their body goes into stravtion mode??
    Some people are able to lose weight like that & others aren't able to.
    I dont get it.
    I just guess cause everyones body is differen't??

Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Ok, a few things I don't think have been mentioned -

You do need to count calories, but you also need to make sure you're eating enough calories that your body doesn't go into starvation mode and start storing what you eat as fat. There are online calculators you can use which will tell you how many calories to eat per day to lose X pounds per week. You shouldn't try to lose any more than 2 pounds per week.

As everyone has already said, make sure you're eating a good balance of protein, complex carbohydrates and vegetables. Eat fruits in moderation and cut out sweets - except maybe one day a week so you can indulge and not cheat the rest of the week at your diet. Alcohol should be cut out too, if you drink it. Drink a lot of water, which will fill you up so you feel less hungry (it also flushes out wastes), and make sure you're getting fiber in your diet. Fiber is essential for weight loss.

Lastly, don't eat just 2 or even 3 meals a day - eat 6 or 7, but make them small. Make sure you eat first thing in the morning, and then eat at regular intervals throughout the day to keep your metabolism going. Quit eating about 8 at night, and only drink fluids after that.

If you aren't lifting weights, add weights into your exercise routine 2-3 days a week, and on the other days do some aerobic/cardio exercise. Don't fear that the weights will bulk you up, because for every pound of muscle you gain, you'll lose more in fat, and it will help you burn more calories on a daily basis.

Stick to that plan, and you'll start to see the weight coming off. I lost 25 lbs doing all that last summer. Wasn't easy, but before I knew it, the weight was melting off and I wasn't even trying anymore.

how do anorexic people lose weight when they never eat so their body goes into stravtion mode??
    Some people are able to lose weight like that & others aren't able to.
    I dont get it.
    I just guess cause everyones body is differen't??
    When your body goes into starvation mode, it starts consuming muscle mass instead of fat. You still lose weight, but it's not healthy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast