+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl gives guy number instead, help.

MaidenMinx, you're a dream girl

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    I gave a guy my number before and he never called, I was pretty disappointed and went back to the ways of being the chase-ie. Some guys are put off by that sort of thing.
    Or maybe he just wasn't that interested. This is why you should ask for their number instead. You'll know if they're not interested when you ask them out.
    You can't buy love, but you pay heavily for it.

I like assertive women. Giving him your name and number is not aggressive, it is being assertive. I like an assertive woman because it shows she has confidence, and that means I won't have to take care of her like some child. And to me, that means a better relationship.

I like submissive women too, but only if they just come out and say they are submissive. For them to know themselves, and be confident enough to talk about it, is a mental turn on for me.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Actually, yet another guy, I am quite real. :p but naaaawwww thank you.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I know some men who dont like it when women just hand them their number because they like the chase, but Im not a child and I dont like playing games. But Im glad a majority of you guys say its fine to just give him my number. I just wont try to get my hopes up I guess...

Indeed, men who like the chase are often - though maybe not always - players.

Ok. I gave him my number and said that we should hang out sometime. He said he would love to and as I was walking away, he said I had really nice hand writing and smiled but then some other girls barged in. So should I wait..how many days does a guy usually text/call back...? I gave it to him last night, how long should I wait until I give up and move on?

I'd say a week maximum!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaylee View Post
    Ok. I gave him my number and said that we should hang out sometime.
    You just put him in the friend zone! Why why why???? You didn't use the word "date". Whyyyyyyy? I have my doubts whether he will respond since you put him firmly in the friend zone. "Hanging out" is for friends, not people who date.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I don't think that one would walk up to a stranger and give him her number if she just wanted to be friends with him. I'm pretty sure he got the message right...

a week? oh my gosh, that is too long for me. why must guys wait such a long time?

So that the girl doesn't think he's desperate.

a week? oh my gosh, that is too long for me. why must guys wait such a long time?
    I didn't mean a week as in "all guys usually wait for a week before contacting a girl who has given them her number". I just meant that if I were you, I'd wait for a week at most, and then if he still hadn't called I'd move on : ).

OK, so Ive been lurking on the forums for a while and I wanna say a quick hello before I ask for opinions/answers. Amy, btw.

There is this guy I met several times and I dont know too much about him but I want to get to know him. I want to give him my number but I have to do it in a quick manner because every time I see him, there are always so many girls that throw themselves at him. He usually kindly declines though..or so Ive heard.

Anyway, How do I give him my number...?

I plan on saying “hey, you seem really cool, text me so we can hang out sometime.” hand him a piece of paper and swiftly walk away. is that too aggressive and/or creepy coming from a girl? Ive never been the one to actually initiate something, its always the other way around.

Guys, please give me your opinions/advice. be brutally honest, idc.
    Say this:

I'd really like to get to know you better. Would you like to meet for _______ sometime? (I usually say coffee)

if he says yes, hand your number over and say "Thanks, here's my number so we can make the arrangements."

BOOM! Done.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Say this:

I'd really like to get to know you better. Would you like to meet for _______ sometime? (I usually say coffee)

if he says yes, hand your number over and say "Thanks, here's my number so we can make the arrangements."

BOOM! Done.
    hahaha, thats what i did. now, just waiting for his call..hopefully he calls.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    I don't think that one would walk up to a stranger and give him her number if she just wanted to be friends with him. I'm pretty sure he got the message right...
    I disagree. Many guys are very dense. Their brains are not wired to understand subtle social clues. I used to be dense myself. Now I realize I had lots of girls hitting on me. But I wasn't sure because they never used the word "date". I'm just saying, if you want to be sure he gets the message, use the word "date". Then there is no misunderstanding.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast