+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is she flirting?

no, nothing is a sure thing. okay let me amend my last statement. if she's talking to you...and things go well...and the circumstances all fall into place...then you have a chance.

and i'm not sure if a woman would flirt with someone she didn't at least think was cute or had a nice personality or both...i wouldn't. and i commit quite a bit of flirtation.

but no, i think there's a fine line between innocently flirting with somebody and blatantly coming on to them...

sorry for the triple posting.

Flirting is by definition not "blatant." So there's a very thick line in my opinion. Of course, it all depends on perception, but I think it's a high threshold. By that I mean that I only feel a girl is blatantly coming onto me if she is say wrapping her arms around my neck and grinding against my leg, or something of the sort. However, I consider flirting anytime where contact is made, like say, touching a person's arm during a conversation. But then you see that same girl touching some other guy's arm. That's the distinction.

My point: There's not a fine line between flirting and a blatant come-on, the fine line is what differentiates so-called "innocent" flirting and, hehe, "premeditated" flirting. 1st degree flirting: Sentence= sex. Hooray!

but you don't have to touch a person to flirt with them...

Are you flirting with me right now, misombra?

See, it would be rather hard to tell if you could consider any form of communication flirting.

A good rule of thumb is that if a girl is into, she's going to go out of her way to touch you. You have to be very alert, as it will be subtle! Generally, it comes during laughter and the girl will touch your arm.

Would you agree, misombra? (places hand on misombra's shoulder...)

hehe

i don't consider just any form of communication flirting... okay example, you're in the grocery store and there's a hottie in front of you in line and she turns around and sees you're looking at the oprah magazine and she says, "isn't that magazine crazy?" or whatever... that means she at least thinks you're interesting... right? (taps bohemian in the arm)

You have to define flirting, misombra. Like I said, some girls consider flirting innocent (*cough* my ex *cough*) , whereas some would only "flirt" with a guy they already knew something about, and were interested in, as opposed to finding them instantly interesting.

Just beware, I guess, is my point. But don't be shy. The razor's edge, my friend, the razor's edge.

Interesting point though, misombra (turns to misombra and places hand over the finger she lets linger on his arm, smiles innocently)

Oh God, virtual flirting... I am so, so, so single.

yes, yes, yes you are. jk.

anyway, yes i'm aware of what i'm doing. in my opinion, flirting doesn't always have to lead to sex. it's something i do to let people know that they're attractive in some way, it doesn't always have to be sexual. but i know some people see it that way and that's fine. but i don't. for instance, i have a cat, i pick him up and squeeze him and tell him how handsome he is, it doesn't mean i want to have relations with my cat. okay that's kind of a silly analogy, if i did that with a human they'd probably think i was flirting with them... do i even know what i'm talking about?

Yes, we all know what you're trying to say:

"I'm a tease, I'm a tease! Stay away, stay away!"

Well, thanks for the warning I guess... (runs away crying)

oh, i guess i am a tease. sorry.

i dont really know when am flirting or not
    i talk to everyone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12